Shots Fired! Lenovo Add Throws Samsung Under The Bus... Subtly

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CrysaMXUkAAF4OT.jpg

By now we are all very aware that Samsung let a batch of less than perfect quality batteries into their Note 7 devices. The fact is Samsung wouldn't knowingly ship defective batteries that would put them at risk of such a wide recall and potential law suites. However the mistake has been very costly and by now Samsung is just ready to move on. Even Apple took the high road today and let their own product speak for itself during the iPhone 7 press event even though Samsung not to long ago took a jab at Apple for removing the headphone jack from the iPhone during the Note 7 press conference.

Lenovo's new Moto Mod takes a direct shot at Samsung while being subtle. They don't mention any names here, but we all know who they are talking about. The ad is to bring attention to a promotion offering a free Incipio OffGrid Power Pack when you buy the Moto Z Droid. It also has another mischievous message. "At Moto, our priority is safety first. Unlike some manufacturers, we adhere to the highest standards in quality and testing of all our batteries." I don't know about you, but that seems a bit of a low blow to me. This ad was posted by Droid-Life on their twitter account. I can't find the ad anywhere else so it could be a troll post. Anyhow the deal is certainly legit, and is a very good deal indeed.

via @droid_life

Kowolski

Reaction score
Fake...bad Photoshop

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

matukqo

Reaction score
I would agree, however I got an email from Motorola with this exact photo in it, including a coupon code for a free Incipio offGRID Power Pack for free with the purchase of a Moto Z Droid. Or a code for a free JBL speaker with the Moto Z Force Droid.

Attachments

• moto_sammy.png
    moto_sammy.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 273

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just checked my spam and I see the email too. Lenovo is walking a very thin line especially if people are getting hurt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I am on the fake bus as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just checked my spam and I see the email too. Lenovo is walking a very thin line especially if people are getting hurt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I agree. I received the same email. I get all of their new phone offers, new sales, etc. I think they could have left that statement out of the ad, and just mentioned their large battery and good battery life, no need to stir the pot. But...when they have had some mistakes in the past few years other manufacturers and tech news sites jumped right into pointing out their mistakes / flaws. I'm not saying it's right, but they all do it to each other.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
They're going to take jabs anywhere they can. Samsung stole motos active display, so shots fired.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

3dsrules

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
bq
Twitter
@ntc_oficial
I agree. I received the same email. I get all of their new phone offers, new sales, etc. I think they could have left that statement out of the ad, and just mentioned their large battery and good battery life, no need to stir the pot. But...when they have had some mistakes in the past few years other manufacturers and tech news sites jumped right into pointing out their mistakes / flaws. I'm not saying it's right, but they all do it to each other.

I didn't receive any mail.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I didn't receive any mail.
Have you ever bought a new phone from Moto Maker? Or signed up to receive new offers from Moto? The email didn't come from this forum, it came from the Moto sales department.