shortcuts

josed

Reaction score
I just got the Motorola Droid, and already my shortcut screen is out of whack, does anybody know how to clean it up? moving unwanted icons out of it? and moving an icon from second screen to screen one?
thanks,

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got the Motorola Droid, and already my shortcut screen is out of whack, does anybody know how to clean it up? moving unwanted icons out of it? and moving an icon from second screen to screen one?
thanks,

Welcome to the neighborhood, josed! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home!

Now as to your question, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Just long press on whatever it is you want to move until it vibrates. Then drag it down to the gray tab at the bottom of your screen (the app drawer) and once the gray tab turns red, let go. That removes it. If you want to move it from screen to screen, do the same long press and drag it to the right or left edge of the screen and eventually the screens will shift and you can drop it on the adjoining one. Hope that helps!

If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

DROID User Guide.pdf :welcome:

rohowe

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how to remove shortcuts from the main screen?
Thanks.
Ron

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Om my Droid, I do a long press then drag to my trash which will appear at the bottom center of the screen

Mike

rohowe

Reaction score
Mike, I just tried it. Worked like a charm.

Thanks very much.

Ron

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you. The same process works for apps, widgets,etc.
Mike

rohowe

Reaction score
Thanks again. It's a good forum. That was a speedy reply.

But the system is kind of slow, isn't it? I guess because so many people are using so many different parts of it.

Also, I couldn't find a mobile version of it (droid forums), which seems weird since this is about a mobile phone.

Logging into droidforums on the phone would be incredibly time consuming, I would think.