Shortcuts?

droidpro89

Reaction score
the left button on my droid pro is the calendar, i saw a video on youtube before i got the phone stating i can change that too the camera button....i tried and nada. when i called verizon asking for them to assist me with it they said it isnt possible. advice?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Settings>Applications>Quicklaunch>first one on the list is the side button

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
the left button on my droid pro is the calendar, i saw a video on youtube before i got the phone stating i can change that too the camera button....i tried and nada. when i called verizon asking for them to assist me with it they said it isnt possible. advice?

You can change it to launch the camera app (as Sydman noted), but you can't change it to actually snap the pictures. It can only launch an application, not carryout a function within one.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I downloaded Retro Camera+ since it was the App of the Day on Amazon a few days ago. I just got around to playing with it today. While you can't assign the shortcut button on the right side of the phone to take a picture, you can assign any of the keys on the keyboard to act as a shutter button. It works extremely well.