shortcut/widgets disappearing from home screen....

sojersey05v

Reaction score
new member, 1st thread/post...

as title says. i can use phone and all goes well, then sometimes ill go to use the phone, slide to unlock, and everything missing, only background appears...

if i turn the phone off, and turn it on again it works fine. but then could possibly do it again.

also problem number two...

when in a txt, or in my browser, the screen will freeze and not let me do anything but then the screen starts scrolling up and down and acting up and none of the front home buttons will work at that time, i have to hit the top lock/power button to then hopefully go back to what i was doing.

thank you very much for your help!

brando56894

Reaction score
Its probably lagging/frozen and the user assumes that the icons are gone since they havent been redrawn yet, but they are the second time around. Get a different launcher, preferably ADW or Launcher Pro

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
What launcher are you using?

? new to this... using just browser in menu..

Can we assume you have a stock droid with no changes (root, themes, launchers)?

lol that is correct... i just tried to do the 2.2 manual update, i did all of the steps correctly, but when i clicked on the install update.zip, it came up "E: cant's open/ cache/recovery/command" now what? i rebotted phone.. and still no 2.2 or ota update