1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Shortcut to toggle Nearby Devices on/off?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by kwhopson, Jan 5, 2014.

1. kwhopson

kwhopson New Member

Hi -

On an ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.3 Jelly Bean (not rooted), I want to create a shortcut to Nearby Devices so I can easily toggle on/off my DLNA. It is found in Settings | Connections | Connect and Share.

Exploring the launcher shortcut options in Apex, Buzz, Nova, TouchWiz home and ssLauncher (my default), I could find no shortcut to Nearby Devices.

Using ES App Manager set to System Apps, I found Nearby Devices at com.sec.android.pernission.PERSONAL_MEDIA, but the 'Add To Desktop' feature in ES seemingly does nothing with this app.

I know I could probably use an app like Tasker to do this, but it seems there should be another way.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated - Ken

View attachment 69062
Search tags for this page

nearby devices galaxy s3

toggle nearby devices shortcut