Shortcut help request (muting certain app ringtones)

DroidD3

Reaction score
Hello Droid X comrades,
Does anyone here know of a way to "quickly/one step" mute the ringtones for all communications (emails, text messaging, etc), except for phone calls? I know on my old blackberry curve, there was a button assigned on the side that I could quickly enable to just ring for phone calls and mute all other inbound communications.

This was very nice to have during the evenings as I only want the phone to ring for phone calls in case of emergency.

As for now, I have to individually go into each app > settings > and silent each one. Kinda a pain.

Thanks in advance!

Humpa

Reaction score
Is there anyone?
I've seen countless posts asking for this over the last week. 99% by BB users wanting their BB settings back. Give it some time and you'll soon see that you have a zillion times more options and customizations available on this non-BB device.

Ring Toggle is a popular widget that does something like that.
There are other apps that can control some of the notificaitons as well, Missed Call is a popular one.
Also for just specific apps, lots of people like K9 email for its array of options. For SMS there is ChompSMS or Hancent.

A lot more has been mentioned, but I forget.