Short cuts for spelling

heartstamped

Reaction score
I previously had a BB curve. Loved the feature of being able to create a series of words that I could type an abbreviation for, and BB would change them to the correct full word (ie I would type r and it would spell out are. u would spell out you) This could be set for any word or group of words etc. Does anyone know of an app that will make this possible on the droid?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes Swype is like a miracle worker!! It's great, but doesn't the Droid have a user dictionary that you can add words too?? I'm pretty sure it does because I remember adding all the curse words in there way back when I got my Droid.... lol...

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Yes Swype is like a miracle worker!! It's great, but doesn't the Droid have a user dictionary that you can add words too?? I'm pretty sure it does because I remember adding all the curse words in there way back when I got my Droid.... lol...
Yes it does, but that's not going to help him much if at any.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, but that's not going to help him much if at any.

Well I just figured he could still type, like, the beginning of the word and then there it would be in the predictive text.....ya know what I mean?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I just figured he could still type, like, the beginning of the word and then there it would be in the predictive text.....ya know what I mean?

He could. I haven't even bothered with the predictive text thought (they've always annoyed me). It's plenty fast enough w/o it I would think that having to stop and select the word would slow the process down.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:bump: i'd luv to have an app like this too. :D

dylanthecat

Reaction score
i agree with the OP about this. I do miss this from my curve. I still find my self type the shortcuts I had and then having to go back and fix the spelling.