Sholes vs BB vs 2.1..Perks of each?

dirtleg

Reaction score
Ook so I'm rooted and started with the sholes.info rom. Now I've loaded BB but still have home++ loaded. I was wondering what are the perks of each in your own opinions? I like the Home++ docking bar but I also like the app drawer effect I got with the sholes rom.
I like to have the overclocking profiles, is this possible with all the roms?
I've read for hours and hours but to be honest there's so much info. I was just wondering what the best perks of each update are? And would it just be worth it to flash 2.1?
discuss...
:)

hughesjr

Reaction score
Personally, I like the sholes ROM because there are several developers and they seem to totally understand the device and the Linux kernel, etc.

I tried the BB, but it did not have a very good user experience for me when connecting to the command line terminal (or adb shell). The BB was OK as far as the phone GUI things were concerned.

But, IMHO, the sholes.info team (with their very good bash shell, busybox support, etc.) provides a more usable product, at least for my taste.

This is obviously a personal opinion and not meant to slight pete because bugless is a very good ROM too ... but I want and need better command line support for the phone than he provides.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Sholes has a much better installation. The current camera, 3G connectivity, and reboots make the 1.2 ROM unusable IMHO. I am looking forward to their 2.0 release.

wil318466

Reaction score
Ook so I'm rooted and started with the sholes.info rom. Now I've loaded BB but still have home++ loaded. I was wondering what are the perks of each in your own opinions? I like the Home++ docking bar but I also like the app drawer effect I got with the sholes rom.
I like to have the overclocking profiles, is this possible with all the roms?
I've read for hours and hours but to be honest there's so much info. I was just wondering what the best perks of each update are? And would it just be worth it to flash 2.1?
discuss...
:)

I run the smoked glass, as I've recommended to everyone. I can't say enough about how awesome it is. Way better than I ever expected, plus everything has a blue color to it, even the white boxes have a blue glow to them. I'm partial to blue, as its my fav color and all my backgrounds are blue or purple. So, my color themes are all shiny black/blue/purple. Awesome looking.

Read this write up and with pictures :
DROID finally gets visually stimulating ROM: “Smoked Glass” Gadgetsteria

The rom and the instructions are here :
AllDroid - View topic - [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass v3.1 w/ White Clock *Updated 1/28*

jasonb

Reaction score
Sholes has a much better installation. The current camera, 3G connectivity, and reboots make the 1.2 ROM unusable IMHO. I am looking forward to their 2.0 release.

how is the installation any different? just tonight i rooted and installed sholes, tried it out, wasn't too impressed then i loaded the bugless beast the same way i loaded sholes. i don't see how it's any harder. i didn't even have to go back and read the directions. i just held x and turned the phone on and installed the bugless beast the same way i had installed sholes a few minutes earlier.

Jeremy556

Reaction score

how is the installation any different? just tonight i rooted and installed sholes, tried it out, wasn't too impressed then i loaded the bugless beast the same way i loaded sholes. i don't see how it's any harder. i didn't even have to go back and read the directions. i just held x and turned the phone on and installed the bugless beast the same way i had installed sholes a few minutes earlier.

You get a menu and can choose apps and features to install and remove.