1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sholes team can we get Dalvik Turbo?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by searayman, Feb 9, 2010.

1. searayman

searayman New Member

2. qoncept

qoncept New Member

It's also complete BS. They either scored 3x higher on a single benchmark, or the 3x is total nonsense. This new JVM being 3x faster than Google's is about as likely as a new production car 3x as fast as whoever has the record now. 750mph anyone?
  3. pthance

pthance New Member

Your best bet to get add in software to the sholes ROM is to go to their site (Sholes) and use their bug tracker, they have a portion for enhancements on future updates. I would say it would have to be a stable software package before it went on their updates since they have pulled all the experimental stuff out of the production ROMs.
  4. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

3x doesn't mean always 3x faster. Its possible they really do have a faster vm or maybe they have a fully functional and optimzed JIT compiler added to their davlikvm which could explain the speed.

Worth keeping an eye on
  5. dtartini

dtartini Member

Maybe it is BS but it peaked my interest. I wouldn't mind trying it out when its available.
  6. cabagekiller

cabagekiller New Member

They probably just optimized the code. Linux kernels usually have updates a lot that increase the speed by small increments, but since it is a phone, I'm guessing that they would only update it if it was a huge jump due to the installation and downloading OTA. That is just my experience from linux coding thought, as I may be wrong.
  7. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

Well just look at JIT as i mentioned in my post. cyanogen snagged a beta copy from some google source and got it running on the nexus. it gave him something like a 240% increase in benchmark speed. so "up to" 3x speeds is not entirely unfeasible.