sholes 1.1 problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jaman1020, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jaman1020

jaman1020 New Member

I can't seem to get autostarts to recognize my root access with the new sholes rom...I used metamorph and adfree so I know I have root but autostarts just says it can't edit the state. Also, I can't install droid root helper, it just backs out saying there is a problem parsing the file
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB New Member

I am running Sholes 1.1 right now and DroidRootHelper works fine. Did you restore your data from the NanDroid backup? You might have to wipe and reinstall Sholes 1.1

For whatever its worth I do not restore data from backups because I want to make sure everything is fresh and clean after installing a new rom and if I do have any problems its easier to narrow down.
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Are you guys running RootHelper on 2.0.1?? I try to install it and it fails with:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]
  4. jaman1020

jaman1020 New Member

i gave up, i did a factory restore, followed all the instructions to the T, and it still wouldnt do it, ill just wait for 2.1
  5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB New Member

Yes on [ROM .tgz] Sholes.info 2.0.1 [ROM .tgz] 2.0.1 Sholes.info Edition 1.1

I should note that I am running Droid Root Helper Pro ,auto installed from the market after reflash. Works fine for me...
  6. jaman1020

jaman1020 New Member

it wasnt even as much droid root helper as the autostarts, i can do all the stuff roothelper does, but i like to disable some stuff i dont need on startup
  7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB New Member

I cant comment on autostarts as I have never used it. What I can say is that it doesnt take much to deplete the available memory using this rom and then the lag sets in. Gonna have to fall back to something else.

On the bright side they are moving in the right direction and things will only get better with time [​IMG]

Many thanks to all involved!
Search tags for this page

install failed dexopt

install failed dexopt cts