Shoesmod 2.0.3 then go back to stock and what?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mark729, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mark729

mark729 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running on sholesmod 2.0.3 right now and
    What if I want to go back to stock to get 2.1 OTA?
    After go back to stock,
    Do I have to remove Update.zip and sholesmod-2.0.3.rom.tar on my sd card?

2. SteveC

SteveC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just finished doing this. It is only the matter of a couple of taps on the screen . Open the SMU updater. You will see three ROM choices, the top one being 2.0.1 (no root). Select that and then select install. It takes about 30 minutes to download the ROM. You won't know you ever did anything.

The ONLY reason I did it was because there is a foul up with 3G on my phone for both 2.0.2 and 2.0.3. 3G just is not there. Believe me you really need an over clocked processor to get anything done @ 1X. So I am going to look over the threads for a 3G fix. I think I saw onw but there is a bunch of posts to search.

I have no idea if I will download 2.1 OTA.

EDIT. Just reloaded 2.0.3. 3G is now there. So (Blast it all!) is Visual Voice Mail. That thing is set in concrete in my Droid. I have gone through the update proess several times trying to kill that thing.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I've asked this on a few threads now, can't seem to get an answer. Since Shoels used SPRecovery to prepare stock 2.0.1 for flash is that going to create an issue for us in uploading.2.1? Will we have to somehow manually flash 2.1 and if so how?

4. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SPrecovery disables the autoflash of the OTA, when you get the OTA downloaded to your phone, you will just have to boot into SPrecovery menu, choose install, then use the option "Allow update.zip installation". This will allow the OTA to install on your phone and you will be using 2.1 (most likely unrooted).