Shoddy battery life for me, to Revo or not to Revo?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ColonelSeitan, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ColonelSeitan

ColonelSeitan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've had my charge for a few days now, and every single day I've only gotten about 6-7 hours worth of battery life. And that's with me being conservative about my use for fear that the phone will die. It hasn't been uncommon for me to browse a page on the web or something similar and 5 minutes later for the battery to have dropped 10%. This is all on 3G, and yesterday I had it set as CDMA only, so there would be no searching for 4G(which isn't in my area yet), but still had the poor battery life.

I'm really wondering where in the hell these 1 1/2-2 days numbers in reviews are coming from, but maybe I just have a lemon.

I've been thinking of switching to a Revo, as the one I played with in the store had a much snappier interface and it seems like there's some rooting going on around the interwebz with it. Dev support and the prospect of making my Charge quicker(as right now, even with alternate launchers, it still feels sluggish) are probably the only things really tempting me to stay with my Charge right now. Any thoughts?

2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my battery lasts ony 6-7 hours as well....LTE turned off. Hopefully this new update will do something.

3. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CHances of this update improving battery life by alot isnt very likely seeing how its so minor. Now once Gingerbread hits this phone thats where youll see the biggest increase in battery life

4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually went from a revolution to a charge. I had 3 revolutions before I gave up and exchanged for this. The revolution had a ton of problems for me. Sometimes when iI tried to turn it on it would just gray screen and would not turn on unless I factory reset. So I went with the charge and I'm pretty satisfied with battery. I'm on 4g and I had it on for I think 10 or 11 hours before it went to low battery. So id stick with the charge

Sent from my droid charge

5. ColonelSeitan

ColonelSeitan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I decreased my screen hibernate time to the lowest and decreased the brightness all the way and am definitely getting better life out of it today.

I think now my main concern would be speeding the thing up, whether or not that's through rooting or the sort I'm not sure. I've never had an android before so I'm a little unsure whether I should be venturing into that.

6. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I would say that the Revo would have worse battery. I would not get Revo. Some people have been reporting issues with Revo and it has been getting bad reviews.

7. blacktimusprime

blacktimusprime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how do you do that? im having the same issues and basically everything is off

8. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Display>screen timeout

Sent from my fascinate

9. blacktimusprime

blacktimusprime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh it just sounded different.. im deleting all my downloaded apps at this point my phone is just eating battery like a champ.