shipping out soon, which phone?

tilt

Reaction score
So I am going to be deploying soon and I am looking for a phone that would suit me best. I am really not sure where to start with all the options that are currently available. I made a list of my needs although at some point with all the free time that I will be having I would like to learn how to hack my phone but that really isnt that important. Anyways my main needs are going to be obviously communicating with family and friends (skype, text, email, and internet social sites) due to all the free time I do a lot of surfing the web and music downloads another thing that i would really like is a phone that is capable of good quality pictures and videos so I can share with family and friends with the possibility of using it overseas if that is at all possible. My needs arent that signifigant but keeping in touch with my family is so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Any of the newer phones on Verizon should suit your needs.

Since you are being deployed it's going to be a tough environment and you'll need a tough phone, I believe the Razr fits the bill. It's got kevlar on it for crying out loud. Recommend you head to the store and check it out for yourself.

Thank you for your service as well, I wish for you to return safely and healthy

OP
T

tilt

Reaction score
I've looked at the razr I dig it but I kind of want to wait and see how the Nexus is. Either of these phones will work overseas though?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've looked at the razr I dig it but I kind of want to wait and see how the Nexus is. Either of these phones will work overseas though?

Your patience will pay off.

As for them being world phones, I don't know that off the top of my head or can't access that part of my brain right now:p

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'd suggest an unlocked Droid 3 if you can get your hands on one. It should work fairly well overseas since it has a GSM radio and it's got a front camera so you can video chat. It isn't exactly the toughest thing in the world but considering its design goes a bit back to the D1, I'd say it's a fairly well built phone. But since you're shipping out, you should probably get a good case for it. Otterbox or something of the like should beef it up enough to survive.

AlexSB

Reaction score
How about the Droid Incredible 2? I'm pretty sure its a world phone, not sure if you're gonna want something newer though. Definitely ask Verizon if the RAZR let's you call from overseas

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope you stay safe. I guess the more correct thing to say would be to come back well. :happy3: Thanks for your service.

OP
T

tilt

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and the kind thoughts. While I still havent decided on a phone, still holding out for the nexus, I have another question. I am currently on the unlimited everything plan, I believe that it is not offered anymore, what it be in my best interest to not sign a new contract and just by the phone cash so I can keep my current rate?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and the kind thoughts. While I still havent decided on a phone, still holding out for the nexus, I have another question. I am currently on the unlimited everything plan, I believe that it is not offered anymore, what it be in my best interest to not sign a new contract and just by the phone cash so I can keep my current rate?
Your grandfathered in even if you sign a new two year. They only make the new customers take on the tiered plans. Just dont cancel your account or anything because that would take away your data plan. When you go to buy nexus your plan should be the same your just signing up for another two years. Make sense? I kninda went through that quickly so it might not of been a complete thought.