[ROM] SHIFTAO5P V IC3.2.1 [IMOSEYN Lean Kernel 5.1] (11/20/2011)

amwenguer

Reaction score
Ok, so ive got Shift2.8 on my sd, along with IC3. I also have the Slayher CM& Kernal. So i should try using team win, then gps lock, then total wipe, then flash 2.8?
Make teamwin your recovery.
I would not worry about GPS lock. Just do your thing flash 2.8. Boot it up. Sure get a Gps lock if you want. Then get into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, and then format system and flash this over 2.8. http://db.tt/cmC6Nmny . This is the initial build with the zoom kernel not overclocked. Should work perfectly. Feel free to flash a different kernel once you boot it up and let it sit for a while.
Edit - the new builds have networklocation.apk from sense. So u should bbe good without needing GPS locks bbefore

Last edited:

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't want to have any problems with my TB. I read thru all the posts here and if I understood correctly, this is not a full ROM right? I have to flash another AO5P rom and then put this ic3 on top of it or can I just flash this rom and be good to go?

Thanks.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I have to update it for some reason it won't not after a data wipe. So any aosp ROM then flash thus

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Ok so i did a full factory wipe, flashed stock os, rooted, installed TWRP, wiped data - cache - dalvik cache, then flashed 2.8. Still bootloop. this rom sucks too unstable. Ill never try this again, my phone has been out of commission for over a day from this bull****. clean you act up guys, seriously.

And also. What is with the buttons on the screen?! we already have buttons on our phone so why have duplicate that just look out of place and take up room?!

Last edited:
OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I am aware there were issues with the last build and I am sorry about that. Everything should be fixed now. Enjoy

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Ok so you updated the IC3? Does that still mean i need to flash the 2.8 before IC3.1? because i never even had a chance to try and flash the IC3 because the 2.8 would put me into a bootloop

amwenguer

Reaction score
Ok so you updated the IC3? Does that still mean i need to flash the 2.8 before IC3.1? because i never even had a chance to try and flash the IC3 because the 2.8 would put me into a bootloop
Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system. In that order always works. Flash any aosp ROM.
2.8, protekk cm7, newest cm7, doesn't matter.
Then wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format system (just don't wipe data... keep the data). And flash 3.1.
If that doesn't work, your phone is the issue or you're skipping a step.

The buttons on the screen are from the ics launcher. This mimicks the exact look of ics. Nothing to be pissed about, considering this is android (and aosp especoally) and you make all the changes you want. Use any other launcher if you don't want those buttons...GO, ADW..doesn't matter. Then pick an ics from that specific launchers team. See below.
a6f842d4-1236-f6c0.jpg

Last edited:

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system. In that order always works.

Well I did exactly what you said, I was running IBolt right before, using TWRP, went into recovery, Wiped data, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache, and then formatted /system. I then went to the zip menu and ran the 2.8 version you gave me without the OC, and installed it. Then i rebooted - HTC Screen, then the blob android bootloop happened again, and later froze after maybe 3-4 min. Im thinking it might just be the 2.8. So im going to try using a different aosp, what would you recommend for a aosp rom? I looked at Liquid Gingerbread 3.1 but I would prefer something a little different, what are some you would recommend? EDIT: I looked at CM7 but it didn't list HTC Thunderbolt under supported devices... but I would assume thats a mistake right?

PS. I don't have the slightest clue on different launchers, what's the one you. have? that looks nice and clean

Last edited:

pstrang

Reaction score
Hey DHack3r, could we get some love over here? SHIFTAO5P V IC3.1 has some sound/media problems.....no worky. Ideas? Thanks.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I'm going too look into it when I get home try deleting dsp manager and rebooting

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

amwenguer

Reaction score
im going to try using a different aosp, what would you recommend for a aosp rom? I looked at Liquid Gingerbread 3.1 but I would prefer something a little different, what are some you would recommend? EDIT: I looked at CM7 but it didn't list HTC Thunderbolt under supported devices... but I would assume thats a mistake right?

PS. I don't have the slightest clue on different launchers, what's the one you. have? that looks nice and clean

Aosp roms i can think of off the top of my head- cm7, protekk unofficial cm7 build, omfgb/omgb and ShiftAosp. I don't think liquid gingerbread is aosp. Try a previous version of shift.. do you have one?
Cm7 is "unofficially" supported but works just fine. Thing is, DH put his touches on cm7 to make it better than your typical aosp ROM IMO.

I use Go Launcher. Has so many options your head will spin. Here's a screenshot of just one of the transitions I kinda dig. Also, Go Launcher is free and gets updates weekly. GO team also has a bunch of other apps (like GoSMS- awesome messenger, contacts, dialer, keyboard, weather, etc.) that go very well with the launcher.
Other option is ADW EX which I thought came as a secondary launcher in Shift. Those are the only 2 I would go with.
a6f8438d-a732-8037.jpg

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Ok well I FINALLY got it to work, i used Liquid Gingerbread 3.1, and then cleared cache and dalvik cache and flashed IC3.1 been working great aside from some small bugs. One major problem is that the sound is gone, none whatsoever. And thank i will try go launcher, been using awp so far. Also I can't move any of my apps, I hold the icon then it vibrates but when I try moving it just deselects and moves the screen. P.S. You cannot delete dsd manager

Last edited:

amwenguer

Reaction score
Ok well I FINALLY got it to work, i used Liquid Gingerbread 3.1, and then cleared cache and dalvik cache and flashed IC3.1 been working great aside from some small bugs. One major problem is that the sound is gone, none whatsoever. And thank i will try go launcher, been using awp so far. Also I can't move any of my apps, I hold the icon then it vibrates but when I try moving it just deselects and moves the screen. P.S. You cannot delete dsd manager
Alright hopefully we get it right thos ttime. Do what u did last time, but flash the version I posted for you a few days ago. 3.1 has audio issues.
Also, that's just one flaw of go launcher. Depending on where yyou homescreen icons are and what app you choose, sometimes it'll work. But if you just Long press on your homescreen and click application, you can add one like that.

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok. This is probably a stupid questions. I am on liberty froyo. I have never sbfd back so I can install liberty gingerbread so I'm not on any form of gb kernal. Can I still flash this or not? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I really want to try a new ROM but everytime I try to sbf it f's something up.