Shattered Glass

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I had a crack in upper left corner where it was dropped monts ago. Worked fine so insurance wouldn't replace it. Today I dropped in face down on tile and screen shattered. Phone still works but I'm afraid I will cut myself. I get to upgrade on May 15th so don't want to buy replacement screen. My question is if I put some clear tape on it for protection purposes will the touch screen still function? Does anybody know?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You could try a screen protector? It'll be better than clear tape and you know it won't interfere with the responsiveness of the screen (if the crack hasn't already). And make sure it's a dry application protector:p

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you're paying for insurance, why not use it? Get the replacement phone, use it until you get a new phone and then sell the replacement for more than your deductible.

OP
borregolinda

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
If you're paying for insurance, why not use it? Get the replacement phone, use it until you get a new phone and then sell the replacement for more than your deductible.

Because it still works they won't replace it. And the deductible is $90. I put a clear protector over it, it will do till May 15.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Call Verizon talk to Rep about it if you are a customer in good standing I have gotten early upgrades for me as well as people I know have gotten early upgrades to. Doesn't hurt to try since it is so close to upgrade date anyway