Sharp Aquos Crystal Bezzaless Midrange Smart Phone!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
sharp-aquos-crystal-black-940x573.jpg

What's that? A brand-new phone from Sharp? Yep, it's called the Sharp Aquos Crystal, Sharp’s phone with an edgeless display, is now available at Boost Mobile for $149.99. You can pick it up at a Boost Mobile retail store or a Best Buy store. For Boost Mobile customers, the white version is the only model available. The Aquos Crystal will also come to Sprint Prepaid today for $149.99 and will be available at Best Buy. If you wait until October 21, however, you can also pick up the Aquos Crystal on Sprint Prepaid at RadioShack.

Sharp Aquos Crystal features:
  • 5-inch 720p edgeless display
  • 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 1.5GB RAM, 8GB storage
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat
  • 2040mAh battery to keep it running.
The specs are mid-range, but that edgeless design might just enough to sell you on it. I know with all the High end phones being released some of us would not give this phone a second look, but I do think this phone is a step in the right direction for Sharp. So what do you guys think Make or Break?

Source

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does Sharp put something over the top of Android, or is it close to pure Android?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
8GB storage? Is that before or after Google bloatware?
With KK limiting the use of external cards feasibility even if, though not mentioned, it does have a card slot that's still a deal breaker for me besides the obvious Sprint network factor.
Kudos to Sharp for introducing a phone and setting the sales bar very low by going with Boost. If it's a hit there perhaps get into the game a bit more on other carriers with more models. Not a bad way to test the smartphone waters imo.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That Screenshot looks pretty close to stock.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It does have sd card. I think 8gb will be enough. 4gb for os and 4gb for apps rest can go on sd. Most of my space is taken by pictures and videos thanks to ridiculous 10mp picture size
a5f3542fae0015b6c5f6f162e3252ba2.jpg

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bezelless looks good. Almost future-ristic. Specs are a bit disappointing, but still a very cool looking device.

str8str

Reaction score
I love the edgeless design but it needs some tweaking in the design for sure. Definitely need to figure out how to get duel boom sound speakers like HTC in there somehow with better specs and then you've got something.

Sent from my rooted soff m8 super customized beast machine.