Sharing Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenhicks

Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking about getting Incredibles and was told that as long as we use the same google account on both phones any purchases made through the app store will be available on both phones...is this correct?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking about getting Incredibles and was told that as long as we use the same google account on both phones any purchases made through the app store will be available on both phones...is this correct?

hmmmm....I'm not sure about that. Yes, you can use the same gmail account but somewhere in my mind I'm thinking that apps are also attached to the phone number. But if you switched phone numbers you still would be able to keep your apps.

I dunno. :embarrassed: Somebody else want to figure this out?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Paid apps need to be purchased for each phone. Sharing paid apps is Stealing plain and simple, Talk of how this is done is not tolerated here and is grounds for being banned.

OP
Q

queenhicks

Reaction score
I'm sorry that it is viewed as stealing and apologize if posing the question if it offends anyone...

With our iPods my husband and I can authorize purchases between each other because we are purchasing the apps legitamitly and aren't required to pay for the same app multiple times in order to use them on our separate devices.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't offend me but since it is a taboo subject and we now have an answer will just close the thread.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm sorry that it is viewed as stealing and apologize if posing the question if it offends anyone...

With our iPods my husband and I can authorize purchases between each other because we are purchasing the apps legitamitly and aren't required to pay for the same app multiple times in order to use them on our separate devices.

No apologizes needed, A lot of people think Droids apps work that way.

But Any app that you do buy is tied to the Gmail account that you have on the Droid and the next Droid you get you will not have to pay for them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.