Shared calendars

kschill

Reaction score
Looking for an easy to use calendar app. I know they are out there. We've been using cozy but I need a monthly view which shows my data together. Not just lines that I have to keep scrolling down to find something. Again, I need something that the whole family can share.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Here is what I would do....

[email protected] on everyphone. Don't make it the "main" gmail with any of the phones. Make it your secondary google account.

Everyone can then get jorte calendar... great widget that shows the event on the widget, not just a highlighted date. Every phone can then add, viewand sync, as well as edit JUST that myfamilyname google account. but you can still have your personal gmail calendar only show up on your individual phone.

another way....
just go to your main google calendar online, create a family calendar, and just share it with all the gmail addy's you want to be able to view and edit it.

[email protected] makes a "family" calendar on his [email protected]/calendar and shares it with
[email protected] (the main gmail of her droid)
[email protected] (the main gmail of his droid)
[email protected] (the main gmail on her droid)

all phones in my family plan share the same 'family' gmail address and settings are set so anything that gets posted on one calendar, shows up on the other phones calendar too. and both can edit the family one, but can not see my work calendar. They can also VIEW ONLY, my work and referree schedule. That way, they don't screw it up on accident, but know when I have something to do on a particular night. They can NOT view my work calendar where I have meetings at work, etc.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
and you can assign colors to each family member, too...

son - blue
wife - green
dad - red
daughter - pink

jorte calender and google calender on your computer will show these, so when you see 6pm soccer tryouts you know who it's for vs 6pm ​Soccer tryouts