share/transfer large video file

meow

Reaction score
I took a video on my phone, and I want to share it with friends. I've tried several methods, but I just can't seem to figure out any ways to get it off of my phone.

I've tried several options in the "share" menu.
I tried to share through YouTube, but it tells me that the video must be under 3MB.
I tried share through Facebook, but it looks like you can only share pictures that way because videos don't appear in my list of options of what I can share.
I tried emailing it to myself, but that keeps sending back a failure message.

I also tried mounting my phone to my computer through USB and just copying the video file to my computer, but when I do that only the video transfers and not the sound.

Has anyone else had the problem of trying to transfer a large video file off of their phone?

roberj13

Reaction score
Hmm, I just transferred a 43MB Video to You Tube. That was with a video taken on the droid. Not a video that I dl'd or anything. Don't know why that would be the difference though.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Because youtube is compatible with format. Youtbe converted it to flash which your computer can play regardless of what codecs you have installed.

OP
M

meow

Reaction score
got it

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to open the file using Windows Media Player, and it didn't recognize the sound. But when I opened it with Quicktime Player, it worked.

I wish that I didn't have to transfer it to my computer first, though. It'd be much more convenient if the "share with Facebook" or "share with YouTube" features worked :\

c64whiz

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Transfer via usb is fine, but GMail complains about the video being too large. When I use the browser to upload somewhere, the (default) browser crashes...consistently. When I go into 'Gallery', and tap the video, it just plays...no options to share. I have to go into the camera app, and tap the "last image' icon (provided it was the last thing taken) in order to share it.

Furthermore, when I sent it via K-9 Mail through my own server, it ended up timing out.

Seems to me no one thought about large video on this phone....

--C64Whiz