ShadowROM on ROM Manager

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by JayBMF, Feb 4, 2011.

1. JayBMF

JayBMF New Member

I recently rooted my Droid 1 and tried to install ShadowROM through the ROM Manager app. THere is an error and says to contact the developers. I was wondering if there was another way to install ShadowROM? I'm sure there is a plethora of ways, but as I said, I just rooted and am kinda new to this "darker" side of things. ;) Help? Tips?
  2. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

yes rom manager is having issues with shadow rom for some odd reason.
    wat you can do is download the rom in a zipfile directly from their website
    Index of /
    if you have the motorola droid youll want to click on froyo>final>V0.2.2>ShadowROM-v0.2.2-sholes.zip

then while you're still in v0.2.2 click on Gapps and click on v0.2.2-gapps-sholes.zip when you have these 2 files downloaded reboot your phone into clockwork mod recovery through rom manager just flash clockworkmod recovery once then click reboot into recovery and allow super user permission to go through with it. itll boot up into recovery mode with a black screeen with green text. what you'll want to do first is go into nandroid and back up your current set up just incase. then back out of nandroid after the backup and and select wipe data and cache. finally use the volume keys to navagate to "install zip from sdcard" and select "choose zip from sd card" find the shadow rom zip file and apply it then find the Gapps zip and apply that. you must apply them both simaltaniously or else itll get ****ed up.

then reboot your phone and voila~