ShadowROM Important Information for Inc Users!

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by billygalbreath, Oct 14, 2010.

1. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    We finally got our hands on a Inc device (a big thank you to Ruggar for loaning us the device to dev on) and lo and behold, we are unable to touch the green droid in setup wizard (this is a recently reported issue among quite a few users).

We were unable to replicate this issue before, but have finally found the problem with our loaned test device.

The kernel we use puts us in a bootloop right after installing the Rom. This issue is still being tested and a solution will be in the works.

Using other kernels (like King's) let us boot up the device, but sadly we were unable to get feedback when touching the screen. Turns out the loaned device is an SLCD screen, not AMOLED. These kernels do not contain SLCD drivers, thus you cannot touch the screen.

So, if you have an Inc with an SLCD screen, you cannot currently run ShadowRom. All Inc's with the AMOLED screen can run it perfectly fine.

Rest assured this is a major issue, and we are working on a fix asap. We'll keep you posted.

2. initefox

initefox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works fine on my Inc, but it puts in boot loop when I o/c @ 1.5ghz

3. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    it will work fine on about 80% of incredible owners. but the rest who have the slcd(super lcd) screen, rather than amoled. slcd owners will have kernel issues because the screen drivers are missing.

4. B-RAN

B-RAN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any distinct way to know if my devise has AMOLED screen? The date where the battery is placed is July 2010.

5. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    if you still have the box you can tell. last characters of the SKU#

W2 is amoled
    W3 is slcd

if it works on shadow then its most likely amoled.

#5 INSANENEIVIESIS, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  6. galactor

galactor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just FYI for other SLCD users out there. I've been able to install ShadowROM just fine using the following kernels:
    1) Koush test 2 (current default in CM6.1 RC2)
    2) KK #1/#1
    3) Adryanalyne's battery_aosp.zip

billygalbreath, let me know if it's ok to post the url to the kernels. Based on what I read on ShadowROM's website, 0.2.2 uses CM6.1 RC1. However, I'm not sure if RC1 is already using Koush's kernel.

Only know issue for me (0.2.*) is that I can't see emmc from Gallery 3D or from the Sound Settings (my ringtones are in emmc). However, I can mount emmc to a computer (PC and Mac).