ShadowROM Help

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by chewy74, Oct 28, 2010.

1. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    i actually had a very bad experience with flashing this ROM. serveral kernels i normally used would cause bootloops (chevy ulv and sapphires lv 1100). i finally got a working kernel (jdlfg) on the the ROM and it ran pretty smooth. Then i tried flashing the drop theme- red over it and it cause it a bootloop that would freeze midway to loading the "DROID" draphic and just keep tring to load that graphic. Then I tried flash the REVO theme and either got the bootloop or it just didnt do anything and i end up with the same vanila theme i started with.

I wiped data and cache 3 x and couldnt figure it out...i finally had to go back to a previous backup.

Im going to attempt again and hope I can get it up and running...

Install attempt 2...i got the ROM up, but now the Home button is broken...it wont do anything when pressed except give a hepatic feed back vibration. I havent even tried to install any themes or kernels yet. I am going to try downloading a new fresh copy and hope it was a corrupt dl...

2. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow tough call I had some kind of the same issue
    I really sugest you look at my thread for the best kernels
    I have the blue drop theme and it took me a bit to figure it out, shrom is solid except for problems with some kernels. Check out www.shadowrom.com for their known issues. TB all apps then uninstall them all cause you need to wait for the market to reinstall them and that's a pain in the azz.

Squadala we are off!

3. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    From the sounds of it, your Rom experience was fine the first time around. Your issues persisted when you started flashing 3rd party kernels and themes. We (the rom developers) are not responsible, nor have any control over 3rd party kernels and themes. Flash them at your own risk.
    See. Not my Rom to blame at all for those issues.

I've heard of this happening once before, and the issue was resolved by redownloading, rewiping, reinstalling the rom, and reinstalling the gapps.

Also, make sure you are installing OUR gapps from shadowrom.com Using CM or anyone else's will cause issues.

4. revenge8

revenge8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear you were having trouble with my theme ports! i havent had any trouble with ShadowROM or any themes. I use P3 kernals and never get bootloop. But as they say... all droids are different!

5. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    @billy, im not blaming the way the ROM was built so please dont take offense. When I say I had a bad experience , it means in the general sense of not getting it theme'd and OC to MY liking.
    @Squadalah, thanks fo rthe suggestion and I did look in the thread and selected P3 kernel which im running now and very happy with so far
    @revenge, im going to try flashing the theme again and see if it user error...

Thanks for everyones help. I got ShadowROM flashed w/P3 1100LV kernel w/no theme (and kind of scred to flash a theme now lol). The home button did get resolved by a fresh dl of the ROM and another wipe.

Great work ShadowROM developers.

@billy, request...I loved the elegant steel theme you had over at saphirre. Could we get you to port it over here?

also question for whomever, has anyone gotten DarkEdge to work on this ROM? if so, any issues?

6. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its ok to be scared to flash a theme on a new ROM, I totaly was. When you are theming apps make sure you use the aplications manager in the settings to move things to system, reboot, rename, reboot, and then theme the safe way.

Squadala we are off!

7. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drop theme is the closest we have so far on shrom, I'm sure they will have darky soon, shrom is a baby still.

Squadala we are off!

8. GSXRADDICT

GSXRADDICT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can I get 0.2.2?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
  10. GSXRADDICT

GSXRADDICT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks already flashed it

11. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah me too. They said it fixed the camera but it still went crazy on me. It kept auto focusing and turning on the flash once then repeat the cycle again

12. GSXRADDICT

GSXRADDICT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't tried the camera yet I did experience that with 0.2.1