Shadow force close

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Floridroid, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Floridroid

Floridroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the shadow rom on my Droid last week and I am not really happy with all the force close with launcher pro. it is all the time that I get all these force close or "problem loading widget" is there a fix to this? I do love the rom and all customization but It is anoying and slow. Please help.

2. Ruggar

Ruggar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What phone and kernel are you using? I have the DInc and LP with no FCs.

3. Clinton70

Clinton70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get a FC trying to get into the Shawdow settings myself.
    Just installed. Fixing permissions and reboot did not fix the problem.

4. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Please be sure you wipe data & cache prior to rom installation.

After installation, DO NOT restore any old data or apps via Titanium Bakcup (or similar backup/restore application). Restoring OLD data is just the same as never wiping in the first place.

FC issues are mainly caused from the new Gapps not being able to read the old data due to incompatibilities.

There are also the few exceptions where your device might be incompatible with our kernel (each device is definitely different than the other). Hell, even at one point, InsaneNemesis was getting a bootloop from our stock kernel... Try flashing a different kernel until you find one that suits your device.

Also, I'd like to point out that LAUNCHERPRO IS NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY THIS ROM! We have put extensive work into Launcher2, and are continuing to do so in future releases. Launcher2 has been optimized to run FASTER than LauncherPro and ADW. In the future we plan on having more customizable features in Launcher2 (v0.0.2 to be released this weekend contains Launcher2 settings such as the ability to toggle 2D/3D apps menu, ability to toggle on/off automatic orientation, etc).

If ShadowRom Settings are force closing, try reinstalling the Rom again. Also note, that some of the settings in ShadowRom Settings require root privileges to run. Not allowing (or letting the Superuser dialog 10 second timeout expire) will prevent this access, causing a FC.

This Rom has been tested on all 4 devices we support and NONE of them have FC issues IF you follow these simple steps. Using 3rd party applications (such as LauncherPro or ADW) will NOT be supported or debugged by the ShadowRom team.

5. Clinton70

Clinton70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Starting fresh not a bad idea. Hate to lose my settings and programs though. Market did not reinstall my stuff after last wipe.

6. Ruggar

Ruggar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's interesting is after flashing the kernel to Adrenalyn's standard voltage I started getting FCs on LP too. But the behavior wasn't present when I was testing out his under volted kernel. Although it did freeze up a few times. I attributed it to my system not being able to handle the lower voltage in a stable manor. Maybe I was wrong hrmm. I did not have an issue with King's Kernel #1 other than really bad battery life.

I realize you guys are neither the developer of LP or Adrenalyn himself. I'm just posting this for Clinton and Floridroid's benefit mainly. I would try flashing the Adrenalyn under volted kernel and see if it runs stable for you assuming you have an Incredible. If not disregard this entire post, heh heh. I have a issue with some of the things done to King's Kernel. Caveat emptor and all that jazz.

7. Clinton70

Clinton70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Moto Droid.

I'm going to wipe soon, better write down my programs first. :(

8. Clinton70

Clinton70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wipe worked and my impatient butt waited and the apps came back this time.

So anything ways to save the battery, other than the obvious display settings?

9. Ruggar

Ruggar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I reflashed ShadowRom and kept the default kernel. No FC's now. Heh... shame on me for the knee jerk reaction of ripping out the old kernel.

@Clinton you use a program called SetCPU to change the way your processor is used. For example when the screen is off I have my CPU throttled down. Likewise when the temp gets above 48 degrees Celsius, when charging is full using AC and when it is full using USB.

You can also use a program called Battery Left that will show you the applications in "partial wake". Meaning they don't sleep correctly or the settings are set to just run and update way too frequently.

Search tags for this page

shadow force for android