SG 6.0 video records with audio out of sync

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by cscohammers7, May 17, 2010.

1. cscohammers7

cscohammers7 New Member

Hey everyone, just checking to see if I'm not the only person that has encountered with this problem. Everything on my SG 6.0 ROM works great, have never experienced any other problems other than this one, so first and foremost a big thank you to Adamz!

The issue at hand is my video recordings. Quality is great, but the audio is not in sync with the video. I would say there is a solid one second delay. I noticed this after I went to an awesome concert (Coheed and Cambria) and recorded a bunch of stuff. Got excellent footage but the audio didn't match up.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? When I did install I had my recording left at whatever the stock quality is. Would increasing the quality rectify it? I'm going to assume the video I've recorded up to this point is stuck this way, unless anyone knows of any programs to sync audio video.

Example concert footage so you can see the delay. Granted it's really loud lol but watch the vocalist, you'll be able to see something's up:

Thanks for your help in advance!
  2. VorticistsSuite

VorticistsSuite New Member

The Motorola Droid is a highly sophisticated and intelligent piece of technology and was probably quivering in pain as it could sense the sheer atrocity of its memory being wasted on video of the worst band in the history of mankind. The phone struggling to self destruct explains the audio becoming out of sync with the video.
  3. cscohammers7

cscohammers7 New Member

I am legit honored that you joined these forums JUST to hate on my musical preferences haha. I am so damn important I almost can't believe it sometimes. Then I remember, this is real, this is what my life is. I'd like to thank my loyal fans such as yourself for making my dreams a reality. Thank you, goodnight!
  4. VorticistsSuite

VorticistsSuite New Member

I apologize I could not resist but in all seriousness I have the same issue on my phone. During intallation of sg 6.0 you are given options of what data rate you want your video camera to record at. Of course you want it to be the best but maybe the phone isn't capable of keeping up with the hardware demands of such a high recording rate (9 mb/s). Perhaps lowering the data rate will resolve the issue. However it could be a design flaw in the first generation of droid phones. I bought mine the first day they became available and my video camera has had many problems even prior to smoked glass installation.
  5. cscohammers7

cscohammers7 New Member

lol dude it's cool I was in no way offended believe me I am no stranger to Coheed hate. Anyway, I feel like it is a hardware issue, after I did a search I realized that people outside of this ROM have experienced a similar problem. I had my settings set to stock so I don't feel that I was pushing my hardware beyond it's capabilities. Oh well... It's not like I can go back and rerecord. It'll just be somewhat of a chore to sync the audio in a program if I ever choose to do so.
  6. brochaos

brochaos New Member

yup, happens on stock too. sometimes recording something, stopping, exiting the recorder, going back in, and then starting helps.
  7. mike919

mike919 New Member

i've noticed this with mp4 movies i put on my phone. if i exit and resume play of a movie the audio sync is all jacked up. if i close out, kill the media app through task manager, go back to the movie adn start it OVER, its synced just fine... few drawbacks of an otherwise awesome phone... i'm sure future software tweaks will fix it once it becomes a major issue with people...