SG 6.0.1 Low Brightness hack issue

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by gamble22, Mar 22, 2010.

1. gamble22

gamble22 New Member

I cant find this app anywhere.

I have tried installing it and copying it onto the SDcard.

It doesn't seem to be anywhere.

This was one of the big selling points for me, as I make use of it extensively.

Does anybody know what the issue is? Is it maybe a bad ROM file I downloaded? (I got it from the 6.0.1 thread)

Or is there maybe an apk for the low brightness?

I really need the 2% brightness, any quick replies would be highly appreciated.
  2. OcHo tHreE Uno

OcHo tHreE Uno New Member

I don't know where it would be but can you please tell me how you use it? or what it does for you? I'm somewhat still new to this so i'm just wondering.... Same thing with the AudioToggle app???
  3. gamble22

gamble22 New Member

I don't use the audio toggle app.

But back when I was experimenting with different roms ( namely DroidMod ), the brightness hack simply let you set the brightness lower than your phone allowed you before root. ( default min brightness is 20%, brightness app lets you go down to 2%)

This is useful for me because I love saving battery life, and the ability to take it down lower helps when your in darker areas because 20% gets way too bright in a dark room.

I solved the problem by the way.

For anybody else whos interested in the solution, simply have winrar or another archive program installed, open the Smoked glass rom.tgz, go under .\options folder,

and open up the Brightness.apk.gz folder. Inside youll find Brightness.apk, which i simply extracted and copied to my phone, and installed it like any other app.

It requres root btw, if you couldnt guess already.

Not sure why the rom.tgz didnt install it/copy it when I first installed smoked glass, but it works fine. Just a simple bug for me.

for the dev. I was coming from stock 2.0.1 w/ root if it helps any if you bother to fix it.
  4. lto15

lto15 New Member

Any chance you could post the apk for that I can't seem to get my file to unzip to find it?
  5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 New Member

I would like this as well
  6. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Here is brightness.apk, it lets you shut off the LEDs and go below minimum brightness. I did not actually zip it, I just had to rename it with .zip at the end to get it to upload, just rename the file to brightness.apk and it should work.

Attached Files:

7. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 New Member

Thanks! I found this on another forum but it was a bit smaller so maybe that file was corrupted.

Edit: It worked! Thanks again!!
Search tags for this page

best root app for decreasing brightness