SG 4.5 w/ 2.1 Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by n0m0n, Mar 1, 2010.

1. n0m0n

n0m0n Member

Anyone know why the Launcher that is in Smoked Glass 4.5 is ALWAYS going FC'ed???
    Its every few minutes I can do anything with it before I get a must close FC...

Also I thought v4.5 came with Live Wallpapers, I found the wallpapers (images), but no animated Live Wallpaper...

When I tried SG v2 it worked, but it doesn't seem to work with 4.5, or is there something I'm missing?

Any advise?

Thanks
  2. bizfox

bizfox New Member

If you're talking about Launcher2, then it's buggy, especially when combined with live wallpapers (they're accessible when you press Settings->Wallpaper). I haven't tried SG4.5 myself, but I am now experimenting with the 5.01 version with the Launcher2, coupled with a static (or regular wallpaper), and it's been stable for me since installing it on my device last night (after uninstalling JuiceDefender, but that's another story). I also installed the Home version with the normal 2.0.1 launcher, and it works quite well with the Starfield live wallpaper that you can access from the Market. The Home and the Launcher versions of SG5.0.1 are switchable by going through Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Menu->Filter->All->Launcher/Home (whichever you set as default upon bootup)->Clear defaults->Home button.

Hope that helps you a bit...
  3. n0m0n

n0m0n Member

Well first thanks I did not know that 5.01 was released...
    So BIG thanks!

Installed and I cant keep the Launcher2 running every time I touch something or anything more than twice I get a FC, and FC, and FC and FC...
    Anything that I can do to get this to STOP!!!!!!

Also, I have JuiceDefender installed why did you find it a need to delete it?
    I am interested if maybe I am missing something?

Thanks
  4. cplus

cplus New Member

Get rid of the 2.1 Launcher. I've tried soo many times on different roms to use it. IT ALWAYS FC's or causes reboots. I use SG501 with 201 Launcher and its running FANTASTIC! Good luck!
  5. n0m0n

n0m0n Member

How do I do that?
    I went into manage apps but only launcher shows because thats the one I'm using (its set as the default)...

I was looking for Launcher2 to delete but its nowhere to be found.
    Set filters to all...

Any ideas?

Thanks
  6. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

Got $4?

Try Open Home. I tried Launcher 2.1.......didn't work well with rooted Droid. Tried Home++, GDE, Advanced Launcher, Launcher Beta, etc. etc., blah blah none of them worked very well.
    THEN I spent the $4.00 and tried Open Home. Surprisingly enough, it supports the Live Wallpapers touch feature. I just rooted 3 days ago, but I haven't had any FC yet. Hope this helps those of you who like the extra features of another Home application.
  7. cplus

cplus New Member

delete from /system/app using something easy like 'Root Explorer' otherwise face the terminal
  8. jbg25

jbg25 New Member

Forget Smoked Glass 5.0.1....Adam is in the final phases of testing 6.0...which is better in every way.