Several Droid Questions...can you help?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by gshavel, Nov 28, 2009.

1. gshavel

gshavel New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help direct me with answers to the following questions regarding my Droid phone with Verzion:

(1) How can I change the default robot smileys to another type?

(2) How can I receive facebook email in my gmail account or in the facebook application itself?

(3) Is there a way to make the screen "double-click" to select an icon, like the Storm 2 is? Often times I am scrolling down my contacts and it incorrectly thinks I select someone higher up on the screen and calls that person.

(4) Is there a better way to display the contacts or calendar in our phones via an app?

(5) Is there a way to stop the first gmail email from opening up, everytime i open my inbox? when i select gmail, the first mail automatically opens without allowing me to select it first
  2. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

(2) How can I receive facebook email in my gmail account or in the facebook application itself?

Set your Gmail account to receive mail from your default FB mail account (registered email)

(3) Is there a way to make the screen "double-click" to select an icon, like the Storm 2 is? Often times I am scrolling down my contacts and it incorrectly thinks I select someone higher up on the screen and calls that person.

Not that I'm aware of.

(5) Is there a way to stop the first gmail email from opening up, everytime i open my inbox? when i select gmail, the first mail automatically opens without allowing me to select it first

Strange, mine doesn't do that?
  3. gshavel

gshavel New Member

How do I do #2? is it in the google email settings or on my phone? I checked both and do not see this option...

thanks!
  4. gshavel

gshavel New Member

anyone else...bump?
  5. BostonBill

BostonBill New Member

I think you have to go into your settings in Facebook and add your gmail address there.
  6. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

you do have to add your gmail account to facebook, and change notifications in facebook to send emails, also you can forward your current email to a gmail account :) ( the one thats registered with FB )