Several Android 4.4 KitKat Features & Pics Leak as Well as an Easter Egg

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android_4.4_Kit_Kat_Leaked_Screenshots_01_Easter_Egg.png

Here's a fun Android 4.4 KitKat leak for this morning! Not only have a host of pics hit the web for the new OS, but we also have a list of some of the new features, and we even already have an Easter Egg. First, here's a list of new stuff found within the OS:
  • NFC payments
  • Native printing built-in
  • Printing is now an option in the Gallery when editing pics
  • Save any image as a PDF or print directly to a wireless printer
  • Includes options such as paper size, color, black & white, orientation, etc.
  • The Gallery editor now includes extra options like Tilt-Shift, Center Focus, and Negative & Posterize effects
  • Can now find “Manage Wireless Plan” in the settings under Wireless & Networks
  • Animations a bit smoother
  • Icons in the notification area are now white
The Easter Egg occurs when you tap on “About Android” in the Settings. It brings up a large "K" along with a lime wedge. This is obviously a funny homage to the Key Lime Pie previous internal name of this version.

We only included the Easter Egg pic above, but have a random assortment of more here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...aked-pics-android-4-4-kitkat.html#post2476644

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really do appreciate being able to turn photos into pdfs readily on my Notes, especially if they have notes attached or drawn on top of.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
With the official name being KitKat, it seems a bit fishy that the easter egg would still be key lime. Likewise, in the photo of the Android version, it still states KeyLimePie. Seems quite a sloppy oversight on the Android team's part for a release that is getting closer to street date. (Isn't one of the rumors that the next Google Nexus phone, coming at the end of October, will have KitKat?)

The print features are nice. If it has the ability to print from a PDF file, that is what I've been after for awhile. I just wonder if the printer needs to be Google Cloud Print capable, as that has been a holdup to wireless printing since many network-enabled printers still do not yet support Cloud Print.

Note "KeyLimePie" here, rather than the version number. (My Nexus 4 says "4.2.2", although that might have to do with it being a LiquidSmooth ROM.)

Android_4.4_Kit_Kat_Leaked_Screenshots_06.png

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Yeah, in calling fake on this one

I figured I would let someone else say it. :D If it's not a fake, it could be an earlier leaked photo, prior to the name change.

Having coded for a living, working with new features, device drivers, or my own stupid mistakes is a major ordeal. Changing a version number or name takes only a moment. That is why "KeyLimePie" is not making sense here...

Anyone notice it's on a Nexus 4? I realize they use those for development, but a real "leak" probably would have teased us with a new device name also. (Although I'm going to go on a limb and say that they are NOT going to name the next one a Nexus 5, unless they plan on having a 5" screen. The new 7" tablet is still called a Nexus 7, after all...)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I can already print from my phone with an app.
When is Google going to let me customize the Notify bar. I don't need a clock there.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can already print from my phone with an app.
When is Google going to let me customize the Notify bar. I don't need a clock there.
Don't whiz in the cornflakes, man. Let's not pretend like those new features aren't worthwhile, especially native wireless printing and the option to save as pdfs without additional app downloads and associations =p

Big Ry

Reaction score
Those features sound like total BS. Wireless printing? Maybe, considering Google's cloud print. But manage wireless plan? Not a chance that'll end up in any OS unless you consider the undeletable Verizon app part of the OS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can wirelessly print now without an app if I use a Samsung printer, including pdfs, on the Note2
Wireless plan management could be as simple as alerts at certain data and/or minutes thresholds, not necessarily more bloatware. You can already monitor your data under settings.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't whiz in the cornflakes, man. Let's not pretend like those new features aren't worthwhile, especially native wireless printing and the option to save as pdfs without additional app downloads and associations =p

Hahaha! I want NEW features. I've been printing from my Android since my very OG Droid1.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Sorry but the listed feature set seems woefully unremarkable to me. I can clearly see why they didn't go to 5.0, better suited as a 4.3.123 than even a 4.4.