1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Setup for Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by vertias, Dec 2, 2009.

1. vertias

vertias New Member

I've been trying to setup my yahoo mail on droid the past few days. I went through the imap setup and all that, but everytime it tries to connect I get "you username and password are incorrect". I know for sure they are correct and yes my wifi is off.
  2. tanev

tanev New Member

Hi,

I had the same problem with my 3rd motorola droid since I got it from the store. No matter that I used the settings that worked for yahoo e-mail for me on my first 2 droids, I could not get the 3rd to work. Finally, I did a hard reset and following plugging of the well known settings it immediately worked. If you'd like to try it too follow the hard reset instructions below that were posted here on this forum by a fellow droid member:
    1. Power off phone
    2. Use hardware keyboard
    3. Press and hold the 'X' key and Power button until you see a screen with an exclamation point inside a triangle
    4. Press and hold the Volume Up key then press the Camera button (I had to do this twice) to get menu screen (Linux back-end becomes VERY apparent here)
    5. Using the D-pad, select one of the Wipe options (specifically Wipe Data/Factory Reset)
    6. Confirm your selection and wait for it to complete
    7. Reboot the device
    Hope this helps,
    Peter
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  3. vertias

vertias New Member

does this erase my contacts?
  4. tanev

tanev New Member

I don't know. If you have them syncronized with Gmail you could have them restored immediately after the hard reset. Alternatively, you could do/save a backup. My yahoo has been working flawlessly for the last 2 days since the hard reset.
    Good Luck,
    Peter
  5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown New Member

More importantly, does this erase all the apps and info I have saved?
  6. jacestone40

jacestone40 New Member

I just had my phone wiped clean with the help of Motorola tech I had to export my contacts to the chip then turn of the phone remove battey remove chip ...turn phone back on and the reset to factory settings and my apps were removed with the (replaced chip at this point)expection were the ones I purchased I went to the Droid market and selecting downloads from the menu there were a few of the freebies there but all the purchased were there ready to be re-installed
  7. big erick

big erick New Member

I posted how to set up yahoo already here it is again. dont wipe your phone...
    go to email set-up. add account. then put the address in and passcode. then instead of hitting next, select manual set-up. then select IMAP for yahoo, or pop3 for all others. then put in your user name, then password, the where it says- IMAP server, make sure it says IMAP.mail.yahoo.com in the box then select NEXT. on the next screen where it says SMTP make sure you write SMTP.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and make sure the digits 587 are in there and select finish and you'll be all fixed up. I hope this works for you folks!!
  8. yolisalisa

yolisalisa New Member

what do you mean by "digit 587' is that the port?
  9. big erick

big erick New Member

Ya sorry it means port
  10. vertias

vertias New Member

Already followed that, but when I get to the setup for incoming server settings I get the message "Username or password incorrect" and I know for sure they are correct
  11. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

thanks, i use yahoo too
  12. Prodigy4

Prodigy4 New Member

ok this isn't working for me.
    so i did manual add
    added username/password
    imap- IMAP.Yahoo.com
    port-587
    security type-none
    imap path prefix-optional

i hit next and it says unable to open connection to server.
    what am i doing wrong?
  13. lschmitt

lschmitt New Member

I could never get my yahoo either. Then I did what you said and it worked first time for me. Thanks a ton for this!!
  14. home38er

home38er New Member

I had my Yahoo mail working but for the past week its been flaking out on my Droid.
    More like the Droid is flaking out. I'm a premium yahoo mail user so I pay for the service.
    The Droid keeps telling me that my "username or password is incorrect", they are not!
    The setting I have are the same as when it worked so I'm at a loss why these standard email protocols cant function consistently.
  15. mikeinctown

mikeinctown New Member

This is odd. My Yahoo worked fine for a few days when i first set it up but then stopped working on Wednesday and Thursday. I kept getting the esername or password is incorrect deal... I even made a post about it in the problems section. Suddenly this morning I get an e-mail notification, but it is from Yahoo, telling me I have new e-mails. So today my phone magically works. Perhaps someone at Yahoo allowed access through our phone? I don't know how this works, but damn, it works. lol
  16. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

If you just have the free yahoo email and not the paid version, you won't be able to set it up. They purposely block/don't support mobile syncing unless you upgrade. You can just bookmark it and access it through the browser.

Also, I've seen on a lot of the forums, that Yahoo and Droid, even with pay, aren't playing well with each other.
  17. yolisalisa

yolisalisa New Member

that's too bad....hope someone come up with something soon.
  18. Skimd

Skimd New Member

Droid and Yahoo Mail Plus work - a - around

Help...Can anyone help me set up my yahoo e-mail.

It works and I get a burst of 30-40 e-mails and then it will not refreash and will not get any new mail....any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Glen
  19. danajo

danajo New Member

setting my ymail up

I have tried to put the setting into my phone so that my yahoo will work...I even got yahoo plus...but it still won't work. I can't get past the incoming server settings page. I get unable to open conection to server error. Please help me. I went into my yahoo and had my email forwarded to gmail, but now I can't get my email on the computer. Please help me.
  20. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Change your settings so it checks your email more often. I had mine set at 15 minutes on my POP3 account
Search tags for this page
ahoo.e-mail damnit
android yahoo mail plus setup
how to get my yahoo-e-mail on my i-phone. it keeps telling m
how to set up yahoo mail for a motorola milestone 3
my motorola blur won't connect to yahoo mail

setup motorola droid x2 yahoo mail

yahoo mail android settings
yahoo! mail page setup