Settings problem on my Maxx

Lester52

Reaction score
I have a small setttings issue with my phone, when I happen to hit the pwr button while taking my ph. out of my holster to answer a call, it ends the call. It continues to happen weather I have the uncheck pwr button to end call checked or unchecked. I've tried to unchecked and reboot ph. and try it, also checked it and reboot ph. either way it ends incoming call. It only happens maybe twice a month, so to me it's not worth trying a FDR and going through all the reinstalls. I use my ph. for work also and it never fails that it happens on a call that I'm waiting on and I'm busy with work and let it ring 2 or 3 times before I hurry and grab it and hit the buttton and have to stop what I'm doing and return the call.
I would appreciate ANY suggestions, I'm sure there is something I have not thought of !
Thanks !
My Maxx has .215 / ICS / not rooted

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
My only suggestion if you don't want to do an FDR is....don't hit the power button lol jk But I've found when all else fails FDR. Then if that doesn't work, take it back for a replacement.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that this is how the phone is made, since that is how mine has worked since I bought it last March. The setting you are turning on and off has to do with ending a call in progress. I happen to like the feature, since I can silence it while in pocket.

Edit
Oops. Just to confirm, I called my Maxx and when it rang I hit the power button and it silenced the ringer, and the phone immediately went back to sleep. I woke it up and the call was still incoming, just silenced.
Are you sure it is hanging the call up and not just silencing it?

Last edited:
OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that this is how the phone is made, since that is how mine has worked since I bought it last March. The setting you are turning on and off has to do with ending a call in progress. I happen to like the feature, since I can silence it while in pocket.

Edit
Oops. Just to confirm, I called my Maxx and when it rang I hit the power button and it silenced the ringer, and the phone immediately went back to sleep. I woke it up and the call was still incoming, just silenced.
Are you sure it is hanging the call up and not just silencing it?

Thanks for the reply.. yes mine ends the call completely.

Rhino94

Reaction score
There is a setting under either display or sound that should fix that are you on ICS?