Settings not saving on BB .3

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by guod, Jun 29, 2010.

1. guod

guod New Member

I have BB .3 and the 800mhz kernal on my phone and have some issues after restarting the phone. For some reason the Facebook and ScoreCenter Icons will never show what they really are. They just show up as default android icons on my homescreen. I have to restart my launcher (launcher pro beta) in order to get the icons to show up correctly. My launcher does not save settings in Froyo either..The third thing is notices is since going to .3 my keyboard settings are not saving. No matter how many times I select swype (fresh install), when froyo boots, swype is not selected and the default android keyboard is...

anyone else have these issues?
  2. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Actually, I am as well! A few icons don't always display properly (Android Sys Info, Quadrant, SetCpu and a few others and I have to re-start LauncherPRO EVERY time. Like you, Swype also disappears as well as SmartKey.

It seems this situation occurs when the phone re-boots.
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Are these apps you guys have installed on the sd card?

1. apps with widgets will break when installed to sd card. don't do it.
    2. after every reboot you must restart your launcher to show your apps installed on sd card
  4. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

I'm using the stock launcher that came with BB 0.3 and I have this issue with a couple larger games that I moved to the SD card. How do I restart the launcher? Thanks!
  5. LoneGang

LoneGang New Member

Notifications, emails, mms issues. Setting not saving?
  6. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Aaah. Ok. I "thought" I had not installed widgets on the SD card. But, quite a few of my apps are installed on the sd card and the majority do not break after reboots. I will verify and experiment later when I get home and have time.

Thanks!
  7. guod

guod New Member

so i found out that they ARE on the SD card. Is there a way to tell it to install on the the phone first and then then after space runs out to go to SD? Or how do I move apps from the SD to phone?

EDIT: Found the move to phone button. Will apps on the SD card update just like normal apps would? I just ask because the second I moved from SD to phone, I got an update notification
Search tags for this page

apn settings not saving

galaxy s4 not saving launcher settings