Settings/data usage; can I set an exact amount

mikecox

Reaction score
There are two horizontal lines on the data limit graph; the red line appears to be static; set to 5. I have set the orange line to 1.8 because I have a 2gb data limit? Will this stop me from passing my limit, or will my phone; for all intense and purposes, shut down for lack of data. I'm assuming that you can't just cut off all data movement.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There are two horizontal lines on the data limit graph; the red line appears to be static; set to 5. I have set the orange line to 1.8 because I have a 2gb data limit? Will this stop me from passing my limit, or will my phone; for all intense and purposes, shut down for lack of data. I'm assuming that you can't just cut off all data movement.

The orange line is a warning, so you can set it to warn you at 1.8 or whatever you want. It give you a notification telling you your orange set limit has been hit.

You have to check the set mobile limit box for the red line to be changeable. The red line is a hard limit. By that I mean it will turn off mobile data for the remainder of the billing cycle once it hits the number set. It is able to be re-enabled if you want/need. Make sure you set your billing cycle accordingly if you plan on using this.

Something to note here is that the built in data usage is not official with Verizon. Meaning what your phone thinks you have used, and what Verizon thinks you have used could be slightly different. Theoretically it should be quite close, but there could be some fluctuations. Verizon has ways for you to see how much data you have used, the MyVerizon app which is included by default I believe (I haven't been on stock in quite some time so I could be wrong on this). If not it is free in the market. This allows you to sign in and see all your usage stats. It also has a widget, which you can setup to show you how much data you have used for this billing cycle. Alternatively you could just go to their website get the same info.