Settings changed, no icoming calls, won't lock

antoncohen

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, on Verizon. Today, I noticed my settings changed on their own. At first I thought maybe it was just the ringtone, but it was also the unlock pattern and a few other things. I changed the settings back, and created a new unlock pattern, nothing helps. I haven't installed any new applications in the past day.

Symptoms:
* Setting changed on their own.
* Phone has no lock screen, even though an unlock pattern is set. The screen sleeps, but doesn't lock.
* Pressing and holding the power bottom only lists "Power off", it used to list "Airplane Mode" and another option.
* I can't receive incoming calls, though I can make outgoing calls.
* Home button doesn't do anything, I get haptic feedback, but it doesn't take me to the Home screen.

My symptoms are exactly like follow, but that user was on 1.6:
screen lock not working, no silent mode etc. - Android Forums

Firmware: 2.0.1
Baseband: C_01.3E.01P
Kernel: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
Build Number: ESD56

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Anton

OP
antoncohen

antoncohen

Reaction score
I saw on another forum that someone had the same issue. They ended up resetting the phone to factory defaults, then restored from backup. For them the phone worked after reset, but when they restored the Applications the messed up behavior come back, they narrowed it down to a couple applications that were causing the problem.

I backed up my phone with MyBackup, then reset my phone to defaults (wipes everything except the SD card), and restored with MyBackup. The phone started working again after reset, and has been working fine since. I restored most of my Applications, I only left out a few I never used, so I don't know what caused the problem.

This is a very strange set of symptoms, and it is very strange that these exact symptoms happen on multiple phones and firmware versions, caused by apparently unrelated reasons.