Setting up tablets for kids.

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I picked up a couple tablets over the weekend for my boys (5&6) from the Verizon store for almost nothing, and I was looking for an app to restrict their access to parts of the device where I can keep Internet and playstore out of their hands.
They had nooks we got them a couple years ago and this type of app was already installed. It worked pretty good, but the devices are old and quirky so we decided to get them new ones for Christmas.
I loaded "Kid Launcher" on my phone to check it out but getting to ALL of the apps only requires a couple keystrokes.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used one on my phone for a little while with my stepson and I think my wife may still have it on there. Called Kid Mode or something like that.

You can set like a password/pattern to be able to return to the main phone and select which apps they have access to. It also gives you ideas of games you can/should download that the kids might like to play.

Make sure you require a password on any in-app or app download purchases as well, just in case. That's the default, I believe.

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I found that exact app preloaded on my phone last night. Now if I can remember to pull their tablets out tonight. It may already have an app installed

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know it comes preloaded on certain newer phones. Samsung for sure. If not though, I downloaded it from the play store, so I know you can get it.