setting photos as wallpaper

nwwolf1

Reaction score
When I take a picture and go to set it as a wallpaper how come it only let's me use a certain square of the photo? Is there a way to bypass this so that I can just set the entire photo as my background?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I take a picture and go to set it as a wallpaper how come it only let's me use a certain square of the photo? Is there a way to bypass this so that I can just set the entire photo as my background?

When you open the picture from the gallery and touch the picture, touch 'set as' and then choose wallpaper. The box is actually for sizing. If you start playing with the edges of the box and cover as much of the picture as you want, then when you touch save it becomes your wallpaper.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. The aspect ratio of your photo needs to match that of the Droid's 3 home screens (assuming you're stock). The square is the correct aspect ratio. You need to use it to crop the photo. You can enlarge it if you press and hold an edge. You can also move the box to recenter.

If you want the entire image then enlarge the box as much as possible.

Last edited:

JLB09

Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong but before the update I thought that if I saved a picture and then created a wallpaper from it, it stayed in my gallery as a wallpaper choice if I wanted to change wallpapers.

Now since the update it seems that none of my pictures that I made wallpapers from stay as a wall paper.

shouldn't there be a way to save a picture as a wallpaper?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
I understand the box is for resizing but I can never set the entire image as my background the rectangle never gets large enough. So there's no way I can set an image as my background the way it is?

bobthebob

Reaction score
I find this simply idiotic.

having wallpaper pics that span 3 screens?!?
whatever. fine. but at least give us the OPTION of using a single pic with the appropriate rectangular aspect ratio.

this is a *boner* move Motorola. just another aspect of shoddy UI.

b