setting frequency of email sync

OP
W

wizim

Reaction score
bump...still having this issue. the phone autmatically shuts off "auto sync"

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Quick thought, did you check your battery settings, I believe a setting in there turns off background data after a set amount of time. May want to check to see what profile it is using. Don't recall if this was covered yet.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Another question, if you go to My Accounts and select your gmail account to see the data and synchronization options, do you have a check mark for Sync Gmail.
none of the three options sync calender ,sync contacts or sync gmail are checked

Another thought, don't you need to have GMail checked to synch if you want it to work with autosynch? You said that none of these were checked, I know that screen works to manually synch, but my understanding was this also determined which items were set to autosynch, similar to the settings for what would synch with exchange.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
One more question, did you try to download the Gmail App from the market, I haven't tried this yet but thought it might help to resolve some of your issues or give you some additional settings options. I am not sure if the app that is downloaded is any different from the stock app, just saw it in the market and thought it might help.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On a side note to the op, you said you had forwarded your pop3 accounts to the gmail account. You know you can also set up the gmail to actively poll the pop3 accounts and then the emails will be pushed to the phone as they come in. It under settings on the gmail website/inbox.

The pop3 accounts will be polled based on their email activity. Higher activity means faster polling and slower activity will mean slower/less frequent polling. I have one of each - high activity account gets polled about every minute or so and the low activity account (1-3 emails per day) gets polled about every 5 minutes.

This will help in that your emails will marked in the Gmail account as to where they came from. This will help if you need to reply to an email too.

Good luck.

randy0242

Reaction score
Turn Ayto Sync on!! ??

So I read that I needed to turn auto sync on by using the power widget. I did so and all 3 of my Gmail accounts started working, using PUSH.

My question:

How do you turn Auto Sync on/off without using the power widget?

Anyone??

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
So I read that I needed to turn auto sync on by using the power widget. I did so and all 3 of my Gmail accounts started working, using PUSH.

My question:

How do you turn Auto Sync on/off without using the power widget?

Anyone??

Go into My Accounts, select your Gmail account and put a check mark next to the items that you want to have synchronized. The items checked are set for auto synch, when you use the power widget, it removes the checkmarks from the items checked, turn it back on it checks them again. Not sure if there is a separate place for exchange, there is an option for data push, but not sure of autosync.

Hope this helps

randy0242

Reaction score
Ahhh, thanks, BigDaddy. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some other switch. ;)