setting frequency of email sync

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by wizim, Sep 29, 2010.

1. wizim

wizim New Member

i cant seem to find the setting for how often the email accounts sync. i have forwarded all of my emails to my gmail account. i only recieve gmail on my phone but it seems to take a long time for them to show up on my phone.
  2. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

settings --> data manager --> data delivery --> email and corporate sync --> email delivery --> fetch schedule.
  3. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

I thought that gmail was push, so that it should come through to your phone as soon as it is received. Have you tried to send an email directly to your gmail account, is that delayed as well or is it just the emails that are being forwarded from other accounts that are taking longer. If this is the case, than I think it has something to do with the forwarding of emails from the other accounts. You may want to set up your gmail account to retrieve the mail from the other accounts instead of having the mail forwarded (unless you are already doing that), I am also not sure of the frequency but it may be worth a try. Below is a link to the instructions for setting this up, appears that it must be an account that supports POP.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=21288
  4. wizim

wizim New Member

tried this. when i go here the "email and corporate sync" is highlighted so i cant click on it.
  5. wizim

wizim New Member

actually my phone has not recieved an email all day. i just sent an email from my comcast account to gmail and it didnt come through.
  6. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

If you go into your gmail folder and manually refresh it, does it retrieve the messages?
  7. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

Another question, if you go to My Accounts and select your gmail account to see the data and synchronization options, do you have a check mark for Sync Gmail.
  8. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

sounds like you need to enable background data. If you dont have that turned on, your phone will not sync.
  9. wizim

wizim New Member

sorry for the delayed response. yes it does if i manually refresh.
  10. wizim

wizim New Member

background data is enabled.
  11. wizim

wizim New Member

none of the three options sync calender ,sync contacts or sync gmail are checked
  12. wizim

wizim New Member

think i found it! there is a setting in "general sync setting" for auto sync. it was not checked
  13. wizim

wizim New Member

ok back in business. heres what i did...from the inbox click hard button/accounts/hard button/account settings/auto sync
  14. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

Strange, I don't have that as an option, but I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
  15. wizim

wizim New Member

well that didnt do it either. it will allow me to turn on auto sync the way i explained but it also automatically shuts back off.

the other way explained above doesnt allow me to get into the "email and corporate sync" settings. again i havnt recieved email all day.
  16. wizim

wizim New Member

bump...still having this issue. the phone autmatically shuts off "auto sync"
  17. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

Quick thought, did you check your battery settings, I believe a setting in there turns off background data after a set amount of time. May want to check to see what profile it is using. Don't recall if this was covered yet.
  18. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

Another thought, don't you need to have GMail checked to synch if you want it to work with autosynch? You said that none of these were checked, I know that screen works to manually synch, but my understanding was this also determined which items were set to autosynch, similar to the settings for what would synch with exchange.
  19. BigDaddyNYY

BigDaddyNYY New Member

One more question, did you try to download the Gmail App from the market, I haven't tried this yet but thought it might help to resolve some of your issues or give you some additional settings options. I am not sure if the app that is downloaded is any different from the stock app, just saw it in the market and thought it might help.
  20. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

On a side note to the op, you said you had forwarded your pop3 accounts to the gmail account. You know you can also set up the gmail to actively poll the pop3 accounts and then the emails will be pushed to the phone as they come in. It under settings on the gmail website/inbox.

The pop3 accounts will be polled based on their email activity. Higher activity means faster polling and slower activity will mean slower/less frequent polling. I have one of each - high activity account gets polled about every minute or so and the low activity account (1-3 emails per day) gets polled about every 5 minutes.

This will help in that your emails will marked in the Gmail account as to where they came from. This will help if you need to reply to an email too.

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
android change email sync frequency
android gmail sync frequency
android mail sync frequency
change email sync frequency android

clearwire email settings for android

data delivery frequency

gmail sync frequency android
how to change gmail sync frequency android
how to change how often gmail syncs
how to set gmail sync frequency android