Setting for Text Message to Display

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just curious if this was avaiable on droids coming from a Iphone. When the screen is locked and dark and you receive a text, you hear the tone but the screen stays dark. Is there a way that the screen would light up and show the text when in black mode? Thank you.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just curious if this was avaiable on droids coming from a Iphone. When the screen is locked and dark and you receive a text, you hear the tone but the screen stays dark. Is there a way that the screen would light up and show the text when in black mode? Thank you.
I know with GoSMS you have the option to have the phone wake and display the text once it arrives.

Reaction score
What's so funny to me is that i want this as well(with gvoice texts), but can't get it. My girlfriend with an iPhone 5 has a google voice app, and it can do it flawlessly. Irony anyone?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
CompulsoryRegistration said:
What's so funny to me is that i want this as well(with gvoice texts), but can't get it. My girlfriend with an iPhone 5 has a google voice app, and it can do it flawlessly. Irony anyone?

Well it's a function of the way the OS handles notifications iOS presents them by default on the lock screen. Android handles that via the notification bar. Fortunately on Android we can obtain that functionality (nearly any functionality) if so desired.

But I see what you're saying. You're using a Google app on an Android device. and can't get the functionality you want but an Apple device can because of the way the OS functions.

It is pretty ironic because it has Google in the name and Android is a Google OS.

Not to mention it is mildly humorous that you pointed that out.

okcthunderfan

Reaction score
If you don't want to change from the stock SMS app, you can use an app called SMS Popup. Works great for me on my original RAZR. Allows you to customize the notification icon, tone, led color, etc.

Reaction score
revolution5150 said:
Hey Guys,

ChompSMS will do what you are looking for. Though I turned it off cuz I got tired of getting a text while my phone was in my pocket which would unlock the phone and then would proceed to pocket dial, pocket web search, pocket email and so on.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ChompSMS will do what you are looking for. Though I turned it off cuz I got tired of getting a text while my phone was in my pocket which would unlock the phone and then would proceed to pocket dial, pocket web search, pocket email and so on.

I've got Handcent set to show the pop-up without unlocking the phone. Will Chomp not allow that? It's set to show over the lock screen

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post