Setting Dolphin as my default browser

scheirere

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having trouble setting Dolphin as my default browser. I've gone into settings an selected the tab but it doesn't stick. As soon as I back out, the tab is de-selected again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, try this:

Uninstall, power cycle with batt pull, reinstall, set default and retry.

OP
S

scheirere

Reaction score
Well I gave it a try and it didn't help. Hmm, RW-1, are you able to set dolphin as your default browser? Did you do anything to disable the stock browser as default?

hughesjr

Reaction score
Dolphin asked me if I wanted to make it default when I started it, and I checked yes. Now it is default.

You can also open Dolphin then press Menu -> More -> Settings.

At the bottom of the page, you have a Set as default browser.

I did not have to do anything to the Android Browser.

OP
S

scheirere

Reaction score
hmm, it never asked me if I wanted it as the default browser. no mater what I do I cant get it to be the default browser. this is really starting to irritate me!! any other suggestions?

mrbort

Reaction score
I noted this happening to me as well. I actually had set Dolphin Browser as the default and had it working without any problems. Then I wanted to do some benchmarking and the installed browser was opening any clicked on page in Dolphin so I unclicked the default browser toggle on Dolphin. After I was done and happy with using Dolphin, I tried to toggle default back on both from the prompt on app start and from the settings menu. It would never remember that toggle.

I tried the uninstall, power cycle minus battery, reinstall method posted earlier with no success.

Here was the solution:

I uninstalled Dolphin (though I think this actually was unnecessary)

I went to the application settings for Browser (change the filter to all from the menu) and cleared the Launch By Default settings (Clear Defaults). I think this was the key but I also cleared the app data, cache etc for Browser.

Then I reinstalled Dolphin.

I'd recommend trying just the middle step to save the hassle of setting up Dolphin again.

Hope this helps!