1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

setting custom notifications and alarms

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zerokewl, Jul 20, 2010.

1. zerokewl

zerokewl New Member

So I've been searching for alternatives or fixes for this last night and a bit this morning and I can't seem to find anything. I've created the media>audio>notifications/alarms/ringtones directories, but none of the files I put in there show up when I got to chose notification ringers or alarms. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way to just access the system folder where all the default ringtones are and just add them that way?
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

I have a /sdcard/notifications and /sdcard/alarms directories and I'm able to access the MP3 files I've stored in those directories to use as notifications/alarms without any problems.
  3. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

Custom notifications? Custom Alarms? What are you guys doing? Playing Revellie every morning?
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

Nope, but I could if I wanted to! LOL

I've got the Terminator 2 theme for calendar notifications, AOL's You've Got Mail for e-mails, Chewbacca's growlie thing for text messages, Darth Vader breathing for GTalk, etc., etc., and I wake up to a song of my choosing each morning, rather than a jarring alarm sound.
  5. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

Living la vida loca, Christie!

6. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Mine work fine..in your folder structure listed I don't have the audio subfolder, just media then seperate alarms/notifications. Also have you restarted your phone?
Search tags for this page
darth vador bresthing default notification

droid charge custom alarm

free darth vader breathing default notification