1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Setting Change

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by Skyd5r, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Skyd5r

Skyd5r New Member

Hey Everyone, first post probably not the last, this is my first smart phone, I got it a couple of weeks ago and everything has been good I think/thought I had it figured out.. but today I was messing around and screwed something up. When I was receiving emails before It used to have a message that actually said.. You Have 4 New Emails...which I liked.. well idiot me changed something now it only rings like a bell. I have no idea what I have done. Can anyone help me out.

Greatly appreciated.

Skyd5r
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

Which email app are you using - stock, gMail, etc? Did you happen to make a change in the "sound" section of phone settings?
  3. Skyd5r

Skyd5r New Member

Just the email app that was on the phone when I got it... (Its like a white envelope with a red @ in the center. I don't think I made any changes but I have never heard the Ringing before like it is now. I only head the female voice saying you have ?? new emails.. that probably wasnt much help was it.. and Thanks for the Welcome :)
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

I use the gMail app and not the stock email app - hopefully someone will chime in that has an answer or suggestion for ya.

I didn't see anything in the phone settings - sound that should make a difference...good luck!
  5. bigddyz

bigddyz New Member

Turn on s voice if you still have it. not taken away by a update. Only reason I know is because I just activated s voice go to apps and open it they turn it on.

Not sent from a IPhone :)
  6. bigddyz

bigddyz New Member

Until today I only got a whistle and a notification. Activated since now I can talk to my phone and she tells me when I have text and emails. I'm sure she does more but I haven't played with it to much. Ih and my galaxy won't marry me. Haha hope this helps

Not sent from a IPhone :)
  7. mkstn

mkstn New Member

When I got my phone my wife thought I was whistling at her all the time LOL :p
  8. solotristan

solotristan New Member

You might have the Driving mode off... . Which you can toggle off and on in pull down status bar. I know if u turn it on... And u receive a text... It tells you.
  9. Skyd5r

Skyd5r New Member

Hey Solotristan, Thanks that was it Greatly appriciated
Search tags for this page

3 mobile adult setting change

how can you edit driving mode in s3?

nds4 droid s3 settings

s3, location setting