Setting administrator access for RSDlite w/ Windows Vista

ForestGump

Reaction score
So I have been posting around this and PM people to get this answer, but people are avoiding me like I have AIDs and I live in the 90's (don't mean to offend)

I am trying to use .sbf file to go back to v2.01 and I cannot get RSD Lite to run as an administrator. I have unlocked my administrator account and I have disabled the UAC in attempts to run it as an administrator, but nope!

I am on a Compaq with Windows Vista 32-bit. and I do have multiple accounts on her ( for my girlfriend). But how do I get it to run as an administrator? And is that why RSD Lite won't recognize when I plug in my phone to the computer?

Any Help??

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
NEVERMIND!!!

I read something in a Vista Forum and it helped out.

If you are having this problem, this will help.

After you download the installer, *before you install RSD Lite*, right-click and scroll down to properties. And if at the bottom of the General Tab, if it says the something about this program needs to be "Unlocked because it has came from another computer" and click the Unlock button and MAGIC it works!!!

I rooted back to v2.0.1 on the first time and I am SOOOO glad now!
yussssssssssssssss:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad you got it figured out! I personally haven't used RSD lite.

Thanks so much for sharing your find with the community!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
forest that's great you got it figured out. if you really want to help ppl that have the same problem i suggest you create a thread about it with rsdlite setup or something in the title :D thanks

VanessaRenee

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to root my droid with 2.1 firmware. I am stuck at downloading rsd lite 4.6. I have Windows Vista 32 bit. When I try to open rsd lite it says it doesn't know what program to use to open it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

erasmussen14

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to root my droid with 2.1 firmware. I am stuck at downloading rsd lite 4.6. I have Windows Vista 32 bit. When I try to open rsd lite it says it doesn't know what program to use to open it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This seems to be the end of the road for this question on these forums and the entire internet. I've googled and googled, every discussion on rsd lite stops when this question is asked.

Does ANYONE know how to actually open the program?????

If your computer doesn't know how to read an .rar file, how for the love of god do you run the program?

jimmiet

Reaction score

This seems to be the end of the road for this question on these forums and the entire internet. I've googled and googled, every discussion on rsd lite stops when this question is asked.

If your computer doesn't know how to read an .rar file, how for the love of god do you run the program?

A .rar file, in laments terms, is an equivalent to a .zip file. Download WinRar and extract the contents of the .rar file to a folder of your choice then go from there.

erasmussen14

Reaction score

A .rar file, in laments terms, is an equivalent to a .zip file. Download WinRar and extract the contents of the .rar file to a folder of your choice then go from there.

Finally got to the bottom of this! Thank you, there are alot of idiots out there just like me that couldn't figure this one out.

jimmiet

Reaction score
Your welcome and don't worry about it. That's what the forum is here for!!!

VanessaRenee

Reaction score
Yes! Thank you both!! Finally got it downloaded... now I can try and root my phone... hope I don't mess it up!!:)