Setmycpu for Droid X question

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I consider my phone fast, but how would setmycpu app do for me? Like can you guys really see a change while running this, or is it just wasting battery life?

For those who have this, what are your settings/set up for your droid x? Screen shots are welcome but not necessary.

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that is rooted using Tapatalk

maderschramm

Reaction score
If you want an overclock app, id recommend jrummys 'droid overclock'. It has presets for new users and also allows you to manually set your freqs and voltages for the more experienced user. My setup is custom: undervolt min freq to 22 from 25 but up the freq to 400 from 300. Super snappy and saves batt life. Also have my top freq upped to 1.200 on stock volt (68).

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! And Jrummy is awesome too!

If you want an overclock app, id recommend jrummys 'droid overclock'. It has presets for new users and also allows you to manually set your freqs and voltages for the more experienced user. My setup is custom: undervolt min freq to 22 from 25 but up the freq to 400 from 300. Super snappy and saves batt life. Also have my top freq upped to 1.200 on stock volt (68).

DroidForums junkie!!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

+2 :p

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha!!

DroidForums junkie!!

+2 :p

DroidForums junkie!!

maderschramm

Reaction score
Just like to say thank you jrummy. I picked up your app when it came out for 99¢ and it is friggin awesome. Saves me from pushing the setscaling file by hand :D

For op, here's screencap of my settings:
aefd046e-d8b3-cfdf.jpg

Edit: after posting I upped 500 to 600
Btw, this setup is super stable for me too, but all dxs aren't created equal. You'll have to find your own settings

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need setCPU with jrummys app, it has sliders built in.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and setCPU really doesnt do much for the DX bc its not the same way to overclock as the D1 with kernels

wb1960

Reaction score
where can up get JRummy's app. I dont see it in the market

wb1960

Reaction score
6 came up for overclock,.Is his the one that is "DX/D2 Overclocker by unstable apps for .99$

wb1960

Reaction score
searched his name and only 2 apps show, one droidlife wallpapers and the other is DX/D2 logo changer