setcpu

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by lithoman, Apr 5, 2010.

1. lithoman

lithoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please read this before you ask about SetCPU! ......this link is gone. I am looking for a safe set of profiles to run. I have no clue what to set the profiles to myself...i would be guessing. If there is a link to a thread that will explain or just give us the fastest and safest speeds to run at please advise. I am running BB 0.9 and karnel 2.6.29 lowv-omap1-gb5cd919-dirty chevyno1@ububtu #2.
    this site is awesome
    thanks to all

2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Over Clocking 101 in concert with BlackDroid ROMs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Post 2 has that poster's settings listed, but they may not work for you.

The above link can get pretty deep at times but is a good one. Basically everyone's CPU is slightly different. Mine runs great at 1.1 ghz (so far).
    Yours mine run ok at 900mhz but not 1100mhz. After rooting I overclocked to 800mhz for a week or so, then 900, then finally 1100mhz. The other day I tried a 1.3 kernel and it kept locking up so I went back to what had worked.

Start slow, work your way up. SetCPU has profiles. While in sleep mode change it to 250/250 or 250/400 or even 250/600 if it appears sluggish waking up. Leaving it set to "ondemand" means it will only ramp up when it is needed. Others might always have it maxed out so it doesn't have to ramp up to speed.

3. heyman421

heyman421 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar question, and rather than starting a new thread, i hoped maybe someone could help.

Does anyone know if the idle/sleep profile still works when the phone is charging? Or does the charging profile take precedent?

The reason i ask, is i often use my phone WHILE charging, while in the car or home base, for example, so i don't want to set a super-low speed for charging, but at the same time, i still want to decrease cpu speed as much as possible to speed up charging when i'm NOT using the phone.

So.... will the idle profile still work with a charging profile set? I don't want to get rid of the charging profile, because i don't want my phone to overheat when charging (i run 900mhz,) but i also don't want to lose the functionality of my idle profile.

Is there any way to achieve this? Being able to decrease my cpu speed slightly while using the phone while charging to decrease battery heat, while retaining my idle profile for MAXIMUM charging when the phone isn't being used would be ideal.

My settings are:

Normal - 900max/250min
    Charging - 600max/250min
    Idle - 250max/250min
    Battery <20% 500max/250min
    Failsafe >40*C 250max/250min

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I cant imagine that changing the clock speed will speed up or slow down the charge speed. That being said, my charge and standby profiles are exactly the same, 600 and 250.