setcpu

nola

Reaction score
my experience with setcpu

was no bueno! totally limited the functionality of the phone and it's functions. as well as a DECREASE in battery life from what it was while just using juice defender (purchased the upgrade to juice defender plus).

conclusion? i could muddle around with settings for each profile, but i'm considering this a failed experiment and i'll just leave it at juice defender for battery conservation.

thanks again droidfourms for all the help! :icon_ banana:

billy4

Reaction score
Juice defender makes your battery worse is what your saying? I always felt it helped a significant amount ...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
2nd that! UV is good for battery life.

I use Jrummy's Overclock App, its $1.50 in the market but so worth it. Many more options than setCPU including undervolting which helps to save battery. When you used setcpu did you use profiles? If not then that might be why you had worse battery life with it.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

Aloha from Hawaii...

Which begs the question... Why don't the manufacturers do it?

edit:
"Reducing the voltage supplied to the CPU below the manufacturer's recommended minimum setting can result in system instability."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_voltage_scaling#Undervolting

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
juice defender makes your battery worse is what you're saying

Nope, juice defender is effin amazing. Setcpu is what made things much worse. Love me some juice defender! :D

I tried JD, and it did increase battery life some. But it turned off background data, and friends couldn't IM me when the screen turned off.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app