SetCPU

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Does this app accually work for saveing battery life? I'm looking to just set my processer down durring school hours or when I'm not useing it useing the profile option. Will this save battery or will it just kill it faster with the under/setting to default over and over?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Don't mean to rush answers but does anyone know?

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

It will save battery. You can change the governor so that when you do use it the CPU will scale differently and be more efficient

*Droid Life*

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

It is a root only app have you rooted it already if so setcpu is a must have hope this helps.
*Droid Life*

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Tyvm hope I don't seem like a jerk trying to get the answer super fast. Once I'm out of my noob droid stage ill stop the dumb questions

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Tyvm hope I don't seem like a jerk trying to get the answer super fast. Once I'm out of my noob droid stage ill stop the dumb questions

No worries we are all helpful on here and its for the "noob" to become an expert so no dumb question just different experience levels

*Droid Life*

skyhook322

Reaction score
setCPU is offered from from the dev on xda-developers forum just so you know. Although they do encourage you to pay it if you can.

I've been using it for about a week now running at 125-250mhz when my screen is off and have noticed roughly 2 hours extra per day of battery life. If you want to get crazy with it you can setup quite a few different profiles to max out your battery life.