SetCPU when screen off?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kzmania, Dec 31, 2010.

1. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone here use SetCpu for screen off only? I'm thinking about using that along with the stock kernal. I'm wondering if I use 125-800 for stock kernal. How much should I set for screen off? I remembered someone mentioned that setting 125 when screen off. I'm wondering what governor is best when used for screen off? I found battery saver is super slow. What would you recommend for best battery life when screen off?

2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    What are the slots on your kernel? I run all of my profiles at "On Demand". I only use profiles for main, screen off, and temperatures myself and they work great! I wouldn't do 125/125 for off though or your screen will take a while to wake up with say phone calls.

DroidForums junkie!!

3. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So if I use SetCPU do I have to like change any setting for the performance in Rom Toolkit or I just use SetCPU without any change. Can you give me a brief on your profiles? What is the min/ max for screen off?

4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Not familiar with ROM Toolkit so I'm not 100% on that.
    My main is set to 900/350; screen off is 350/350; and temp (114.8) is 300/300. All are set to 100 priority and on demand.

DroidForums junkie!!

5. mkjellgren

mkjellgren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously need to do a little bit more research and/or explore the settings menu a little bit more. Rom tool kit is simply the bb specific portion of the settings menu...just go into settings and its the very first option on the list. Click performance settings and it will give you cpu frequency settings ...

That said I don't find setcpu necessary on any of the current ROMs...that was not the case a year or so ago...most if not all current roms include automatic overclocking with frequency scaling if not included in the settings menu itself.

If you feel the need to use setcpu for screen off, temp, or battery level profiles understand that setting it at 125/125 may cause some problems. Personally I never go below 250 and depending on kernal voltage sometimes 400 and have never noticed a negative impact on battery life...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
screen off governor profile
set cpu frequency screen off
set cpu screen off
set cpu setting screen off
setcpu not working

setcpu screen off

setcpu screen off cpu range
setcpu screen off not working
setcpu screen off profile
setcpu screen off settings