seTCPU : what should i clock my cpu to?

cr1ck3ty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just recently rooted my droid after i manually updated to froYo 2.2. I'm pretty new to the rooting thing.

I want to know what i should clock my cpu to? right now it's at 600 max and 250 min. I'm not sure what's a safe overlocking speed. and can anybody recommend some profiles for me?

OP
C

cr1ck3ty

Reaction score
also... the setcpu icon won't disappear from the top left corner of my phone... how do i get rid of it? I tried using advance task killer but it still stays there -_-"

Mateenager

Reaction score
To get it out of your notification bar, click on the Profiles tab, and uncheck "Notifications" right next to "Enable"

Also, are you rooted?

To be overclocked you have to be rooted and install a custom Kernel that you desire and fits your desired speed.

I'm running a 7-slot low voltage 1250 MHz kernel by Chevyno1.

If you're paranoid about your CPU speed, just make sure your phone doesnt overheat. SetCPU has a temp monitor built in as well.

Ive been running 1000-1250 MHz for awhile now with virtually no problems.

OP
C

cr1ck3ty

Reaction score
To get it out of your notification bar, click on the Profiles tab, and uncheck "Notifications" right next to "Enable"

Also, are you rooted?

To be overclocked you have to be rooted and install a custom Kernel that you desire and fits your desired speed.

I'm running a 7-slot low voltage 1250 MHz kernel by Chevyno1.

If you're paranoid about your CPU speed, just make sure your phone doesnt overheat. SetCPU has a temp monitor built in as well.

Ive been running 1000-1250 MHz for awhile now with virtually no problems.

Okay thanks for the help :D I got it out of the notification bar. and YES i did root but i dont have any custom roms or kernels installed.. the problem is I don't know which kernel or rom is best for me. I want something simple and cool.. any recommendations?

and also, at what temperature is the CPU too hot? how will i know if it's overheating? sorry i'm really a newb to all this stuff -_-"