SetCPU w/Cyanogen???

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I installed Cyanogen some how. Had some problems installing but finally got it. Anyway, I bought and installed SetCPU but when ever i go into it to try to change something, it says "no root access detected. are apps allowed to access root?" How do i fix this? I click on autodetect speeds recommended and thats what it says. Its set at 600MHz now but I can't change it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I installed Cyanogen some how. Had some problems installing but finally got it. Anyway, I bought and installed SetCPU but when ever i go into it to try to change something, it says "no root access detected. are apps allowed to access root?" How do i fix this? I click on autodetect speeds recommended and thats what it says. Its set at 600MHz now but I can't change it.

Yes some apps need root access to work properly. Do you still have the ninja superuser app in your app drawer?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

howd you install it SOMEHOW? you must have rooted. and to use setcpu you need to allow it to access root (its what you need to do for it to work). and to Overclock, you must install a kernel (i dont think cyanogen is OCed at its base). check out chevyno1 or adamz for kernels. just be sure to match up the right build (ERE25 ESE53 etc)

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
lol I rooted with no problem then when I followed the instructions to do the back up and install Cyanogen, i did something wrong and 30 mins later I thought I messed something up big time cuz when i rebooted, all that kept happening was the word Droid would come up then it would go to the Droid eye and then back to the word. Thats all it did the whole time. So I did a battery pull and another recovery and when It came up with the home screen, I had live wallpapers and the ninja icon in my app drawer. So thats what i meant but somehow. I didnt realize i needed a kernal to overclock. I thought i just needed root and setcpu

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
lol I rooted with no problem then when I followed the instructions to do the back up and install Cyanogen, i did something wrong and 30 mins later I thought I messed something up big time cuz when i rebooted, all that kept happening was the word Droid would come up then it would go to the Droid eye and then back to the word. Thats all it did the whole time. So I did a battery pull and another recovery and when It came up with the home screen, I had live wallpapers and the ninja icon in my app drawer. So thats what i meant but somehow. I didnt realize i needed a kernal to overclock. I thought i just needed root and setcpu

Cyanogen comes with an overclock kernel. Somehow your superuser permisions got messed up. Open the SU app. And clear anything that's in there.

romanrish

Reaction score
SetCPU is not useless w/out a kernel. It is still very usefull when it comes to saving battery life. Make sure you enable profiles and only use the ones that you understand, but the two best are failsafe for battery temp and screen off.

Also if you really want a kernel and are scared of installing on your own because of your previous experience. Go over and check out the thread in the Hacking FAQ section "What is ROM manager and how do I use it?" You can flash clockwork w/ the click of a button (no command inputs), and download a kernel and update your ROM easily, but though it is the easiest method it is not mistake proof. Read through that thread twice first then you will see how easy it is and go for it.

romanrish

Reaction score
Also any step you get stuck on you will never find a more helpful board. I have never seen a sad ending to a "OMG I BRICKED MY DROID" post.

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Ok so I DL'ed a kernal from chevy and I installed it but when I rebooted it, the home screen just kept FCing and I couldn't get anywhere so i pulled the battery and removed the kernal from the memory card and rebooted but now it won't boot past the motorola M screen. Its frozen there. Am I screwed?

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I can't get past the Moto screen so I can't get into my rom manger. I tried cache wipe and factory wipe but none of it helped.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can't get past the Moto screen so I can't get into my rom manger. I tried cache wipe and factory wipe but none of it helped.

Ok boot loop, not a big issue. Pull the battey, replace, hold down x and press power button. Should boot you to recovery. From there you can restore a backup, if you made one. I think you can reflash the rom as well have to double check.