SetCPU Time in State 0 below 500MHz

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by sonnydroid, Jan 14, 2011.

1. sonnydroid

sonnydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what happen but although I have my MIN at 125MHz, SetCPU won't underclock it pass 500MHz.

Is anyone else having this problem? And most importantly, is there a way to fix it?

P.s. yes I have it to auto detect.. Its the stock kernel BBv0.6.2.1 came with.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This may be a stupid suggestion, but have you shut off the governor in the toolkit?

My setcpu is reading 0 for everything which clearly isn't the case otherwise my phone wouldn't be running. I just disabled the governor in the toolkit so I'll see if that does anything. I thought setcpu overrode the rom's governor but maybe not, that's yet to be determined.

3. sonnydroid

sonnydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, since I use SetCPU with 1 (screen off) profile, cpu scaling in rom kit is disable.

4. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah disabling didn't do anything for me, but currently I have 0's for every frequency so I'm not sure what the issue is.

5. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    x25064, what kernel are you using? Some kernels don't support this. The stock BB kernel should as it is a modified 800MHz v1.6 Slayher kernel and those support it. I'm using a slayher 800MHz clocked at 1.1GHz (milestone overclock app) and the time on state works. For.some reason I'm thinking the v32 p3 ones don't, but I don't remember with enough certainty to say that as a fact. I know one of the kernels I have saved on the sdcard doesn't support this lol.

6. sonnydroid

sonnydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the stock kernel that came with BB. I even restored to a previous backup when Time in State was working for all, but that still didn't fix the problem.

7. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    It doesn't make any sense why it's not working of you restored a backup where you knew that it was. The only advice I can think of is to download and flash a v1.6 slayher kernel (which ia what stock is, but slightly modified) and see if the time in state comes back. Other than that I'm at a loss of words and probably won't be too helpful. I'm still a little confounded why a restore of a backup didn't fix the issue if you were positive that it was working (unless maybe you did an advanced restore and only restored the boot partition as there might be a module or something in the /system partition that is needed but missing.

Wish I could be more helpful here...

8. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using a slayher 1.7 1ghz kernel, so kernels def aren't the problem.

Bb6.1.2 is littered with strange errors like this. I'd be surprised if we didn't see a new version soon.

9. sonnydroid

sonnydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do my backups thru Rom manager and yes I'm positive it was working before. I restored thru Rom Manager as well. Will it make a difference if I restored thru clockworkmod, by wiping and restoring?

Also, I just tried the Milestone Overclock app, ran the script (didn't make changes to rate and vsel yet) and still the same thing.

No Time in State for the first 2 slots, but this time its at 450MHz since the third slot is set at that.

[​IMG]

10. TMYINC

TMYINC Member

Ratings:
    +4
    @sonnydroid Is your phone charging? What is your screen off profile set to? Is it enabled? I didn't see setcpu's profile icon in your notification bar so that is why I ask if it is enabled are not. I know it can be enabled with out notifications on, just curious.

11. sonnydroid

sonnydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You sir are a genius!!
    I have screen off enabled but notifications checked off,

[​IMG]

and yes, my phone has been plugged the whole time. I unplugged it and voilà, State in Time now shows/works on all slots.
    [​IMG]

So... when plugged/phone charging, BB is set up to run its MIN at the third slot?

12. TMYINC

TMYINC Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yep, thats usually the case for most roms, or at least for all of the ones I have ran which is pretty much all of them lol. Im a flashaholic ;). I actually have my screen of profile set (to whatever) and I make sure the priority is 100. I then have a second profile set for charging (to whatever) and have its priority set to 90. The screen off profile is the most important IMO. However, if you do use your phone a good bit while its charging, its good to have profiles set for it too so it is not running the default the whole time. Setcpu scaling should override the default. Hope that helps.

Also its not a huge deal if it is running at default when charging except if you are having heat issues. Battery is not an issue since it is charging. And the screen off profile usually takes care of it if you are not using your phone while it is charging. I usually dont have heat issue but I just play it safe with the screen off and charging profiles. Dont want my phone melting while I am sleeping lol.

#12 TMYINC, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
Search tags for this page

android time in state